Johannesburg, South Africa
July 31, 2019
Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa
Location – Town / City
Location – Country
Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa (CCBSA) has an exciting opportunity in our Engineering department. We are looking for Two (2) talented individuals with relevant skills and experience for a Machine Specialist role, which is based in Heidelberg. The successful candidates will report directly to the Maintenance Controller in Heidelberg.
The key purpose of this role is to maintain, repair and optimize plant and associated equipment to ensure plant availability and product quality at minimum cost without sacrificing standards.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Mechanical standby as per roster.
• Preventative mechanical maintenance work.
• Membership of the plants Asset Care and ATM team.
• Modification projects (whenever necessary).
• Installation of new equipment.
• Development of work instructions related to Electro-mechanical equipment.
• Monitor and manage performance of equipment.
• Optimize machine performance and lay-out.
• Complete/Review MSG IIIs (FMECA) for allocated machines
• Optimization of maintenance schedules.
• Optimize machine availability.
• Ability to work shifts and be available on call-out where necessary
• Provide input into planning of Shutdowns
• Execute allocated work for shutdowns
• Coach and train Process Artisans and Operators on Cleaning, Operation, inspection and Lubrication of allocated machines
• Review Condition Monitoring reports and close out related actions
• Liase with OEM and service providers on Machine related issues, quotations, invoices etc.
• Contribute to budgeting process
• Review RCA from Process Artisans and close out related actions, including coaching and training Process artisans and Operators
• Lead problem solving process/sessions for various breakdowns
• Develop OPLs and QFRs for PAs and Operators
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
• Contribute to self and team development.
• Plan budget and prepare the job in a systematic and effective manner.
• Must be able to work under the pressures of a production environment.
• Must have an appreciation for quality and technical standards.
• Must be able to liaise with Machine Suppliers and Technical Support from COF.
• Must be able to carry out mechanical maintenance work.
• Must have ‘trouble shooting’ skills.
Skills, Experience & Education
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
• N6 with Trade Test (Mechanical)
• At least 5 years’ work experience as an Artisan or MAS (Machine Area Specialist)
• Proven experience on Fillers, BlowMoulder, ShrinkWrappers, Palletiser, StretchWrappers and Labellers
• PC literacy essential – Microsoft packages.
• Knowledge of SAP will be an advantage.
Only registered members can apply for jobs.