Legal Aid SA is currently looking for highly qualified individuals to submit their application and possibly qualify for its Communications Internship Programme for the 2020 financial year.
Established in 2014 as an independent statutory body by the Legal Aid of South Africa Act 39, this national public entity provides legal assistance or make it accessible to indigent and vulnerable people within their financial means. This makes Legal Aid SA an essential contributor to the country’s constitutional democracy.
Recognized as one of the Top Employers SA consistently for a decade now, Legal Aid SA has a nationwide footprint and is considered by many as an excellent employer of choice.
Legal Aid SA Communication Internship Programme
The successful applicants are expected acquire practical and theoretical skills in the field of communications in order to develop and acquire hands-on experience through the internship programme.
The duties and responsibilities of the Communications Intern include, but are not limited to providing assistance with:
- Receiving supplies on behalf of the Communications Department and distribute accordingly
- Coordinating events
- Developing media relations and as well as relations with Communications stakeholders
- Implementing the organization’s public relations initiatives
- Implementing corporate identity quality control
- Providing reports about provincial communications
- Taking action on media queries and interviews
- Carrying out departmental finance and administration
- Monitoring media on a daily basis
- Communicating with the Training and Development group to make sure internship documents are accurate and up to date each month
- Managing departmental databases
Who should apply?
Apply today if you meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, or
- A student in need of in-service training in fulfillment of tertiary qualification
- Amenable to take on the internship position in line with the tertiary education institution’s rules and regulation
How do I apply?
Should you happen to meet the aforementioned basic eligibility requirements and would like to apply for the internship:
- Send via email a comprehensive and up-to-date CV showing practical applications of the duties and responsibilities and minimum qualifications as advertised above
- CV must indicate the reference number COMMS/15/112019 in the subject line of the email
No late or incomplete submissions will be accepted.
For more information not covered here, or should you have any questions about the programme, get in touch with:
Tel: 011 877 2373
- Where will the internship be held?
The internship programme will take place in Legal Aid SA’s head office in Braamfontein.
- How long will it take to complete the internship?
The internship will run for a duration of 1 (one) year.