Miladys, a trading division of the Mr Price Group is currently recruiting for an experienced Merchandise Planner. The objective of the Planner is to formulate and manage the quantitative aspects of product procurement. The Merchandise Planner must also ensure they are delivering the right stock, in the right quantity, at the right time in order to ensure cost requirements are satisfied with maximum profit to the company in line with the strategy and the brand.
Key Responsibilities include:
– Partnering with the Buyer to develop a product strategy that will ensure the company gains maximum profitability.
– Executing the strategy and ensure it is achieved within your budget
– Playing a pivotal role in helping the Group realize its vision “to become a top performing international retailer”
The Merchandise Planner will be responsible for the following:
– Working closely with your team to ensure the current strategy is being executed as efficiently and effectively as possible; based on the weekly analysis of your portfolio
– Reacting to opportunities or possible risks in the market to either maximize sales or reduce loss in sales
– Controlling your budget, ensuring that orders are placed in the correct months and no over spend or underspend occurs without valid reasons
– Developing a strategy going forward based on what happened previously, what is happening currently in your business and identifying new opportunities that exist in the market with the aim to maximise sales and profitability for the company.
- Degree or NQF Level 6 / Diploma.
- 3 Years retail planning experience.
- Knowledge/ Skills:
- Commercial acumen.
- Economic understanding of supply & demand.
- Retail market & industry knowledge.
- Numerical skills.
- Communication skills (verbal & written).
- Negotiation skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Conflict management.
- Analytical skills.
- Business understanding of Milady’s business processes, MRPG Systems & BI and the Milady’s customer.
Mr Price Group is a high growth, omnichannel, fashion-value retailer with 6 trading divisions, namely: mrp ; mrphome; mrpsport; Miladys; sheetstreet and mrpmoney.
We’re movers and shakers.
We pride ourselves on our fast-moving, fast-working and collaborative culture. Our extensive market-leading retail knowledge means that our environment fosters creativity, curiosity, and a need for exploration.
We employ over 16000 incredible people, and retail in over 1000 South African based stores, almost 100 international stores, and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
Mr Price Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.