Position Title: Diesel Mechanic
The main purpose of the job is to produce the required labor hours through maintenance and repair work, in accordance with the Company quality and efficiency standards.
Reporting: This position will report to the Team Leader
- Fault-finding and diagnosis on Volvo Products by interpreting product “under performance” and/or failure.Interpret and implement information in Volvo Manual and Service Literature.
- By following directives provided in Workshop Manuals, produce work of Volvo acceptable standards.
- Follow repair, maintenance instructions and specifications as per the manual.
- Ensure excellence in customer service delivery through meticulously following procedures/processes.
- Provide comprehensive and accurate reports on diagnosis, assessment of component/part, failures, observations, actions and recommendations.
- Follow procedures for breakdown work:
- Liaise with driver before responding to customer breakdowns;
- Ensure the correct documentation is in place and accurately completed before submission.
- Compliance to ISO 9001 and other Safety standards.
Education & Job Experience
- Must be a Qualified Diesel Mechanic.
- Must have 3 years in maintenance and repairs of commercial vehicles.
- Ability to read all relevant measuring equipment.
- Knowledge/skills to effect correct repair work.
- Ability to interpret technical manuals and specifications and put into practice.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Computer literate.
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
Travel Required (maximum)
- eNCA: SOUTH AFRICA’S MOST WATCHED TV NEWS CHANNEL. eNCA is South Africa’s most trusted independent TV and online news brand. It launched on June 1st, 2008 to become the country’s first 24-hour television news service.
- Reporting to the Camera Crew Leader.
- The purpose of this role is to electronically record news events as they unfold. To provide visual guidance on a story, feed visuals, do live crossings from the field and contribute toward the editing of packages, to ensure the best quality and results.
- Filming news events and recording audio material to be edited and packaged for news broadcasts.
- Planning and developing the visual presentation of the story, in conjunction with the reporter assigned to the news story.
- Ensuring the principles of visual story telling are applied through aesthetically pleasing and technically correct compositions, angles and camera movements and making sure to deliver images with the correct exposure and colour saturation.
- Ensuring the correct use of lighting and sound recording techniques in accordance with prescribed broadcast standards.
- Filming live events using the SNG truck or other live equipment
- Ensuring steady and controlled camera movements while filming live events as per filming standards and guidelines.
- Ensuring camera is set up timeously.
- Flagging any possible technical problems timeously.
- Editing of video and audio news stories filmed on location.
- Delivering edited or raw material from location to the base station or to bureaus as instructed.
- Maintaining the ENG kit assigned and ensuring that the necessary camera checks have been performed to ensure that it is in a working condition for the duration of the shoot.
- Key Performance Indicators:
- 1.Communication between the reporter and camera person is done in a respectful and professional manner to produce the best results for the story.
- 2.Filming must meet the Video Journalist Guidelines, correct exposure, white balance is done yielding the correct colour temperature, composition is framed correctly and the subject or object is in focus.
- 3.The audio equipment selected to be used must record clear, useable audio for the broadcast.
- 4.Story deadlines are met and produced in line with broadcast standards.
- 5.ENG kit assigned is properly maintained.
- 6.LIVE broadcasts are set up early and communication is constant allowing for checks to be done on video and audio quality.
Broadcasting / Transmitting,Media
- Education: A relevant qualification in television production
- Languages: Business English
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years camera experience
- Specific Professional Competencies:
- A working knowledge of the technical operations and functions of the ENG camera, tripod, lights, microphones and cables.
- Demonstrable ability to work under extreme pressure in trying situations.
- A keen interest in news and current affairs.
- A good understanding of the Final Cut Pro Editing System and latest related technologies.
- Valid driver’s license.
LANDSCAPING & TURF, A DIVISION OF SERVEST HAS A VACANCY OF A SAFETY OFFICER BASED IN SASOL SECUNDA, REPORTING DIRECTLY TO THE BRANCH MANAGER. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE ASSISTING IN DRIVING CONTINUAL IMPROVEMENT AND BEST PRACTICE IN ALL HEALTH AND SAFETY TASKS WITH ALL KEY ROLE PALYERS etc.
Grade 12 (Matric) • Health and Safety Management diploma or equivalent will be an advantage • SAMTRAC certificate or equivalent occupational SHEQ training (SOC 1,2) • 2 –3 years’ experience in SHEQ systems • Incident investigations and root cause • Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment • Proven experience of implementing SHEQ system in a highly technical, complex and industrial environment is essential • SHEQ Administration • Knowledge/Experience from the Mine Safety Health Act is a Requirement
Duties & Responsibilities
Promote occupational health and safety within the organisation Inspect workplaces and workplace equipment, to ensure they meet safety regulations and to identify hazards and risks, including onsite inspections Ensure that workplaces conform with organizational procedures, safety standards and OHSA requirements Ensure personal protective equipment (such as hearing protection, dust masks, safety glasses) are issued and available as needed and inspected on a regular basis Assist with the investigation of incidents, accidents, and unsafe working conditions. Study possible causes and recommend remedial action and ensure effective record keeping Conduct information sessions for supervisors and workers on health and safety practices and legislation to ensure compliance Conduct internal training session (such as SOP and internal safety induction) and task specific training as needed Coordinate emergency procedures, fire fighting and first aiders Attend regular meetings with the client and the company safety department Daily toolbox talks draft, implementation and follow up to ensure compliance Provide environmental and industrial management administrative controls Ad hoc duties as required by management
A wholesale Distribution Company is looking to hire a Code 10 Truck Driver.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
- To drive safely to customer destinations.
- To assist with the picking, loading and unloading of stock.
- Keep logs of activities.
- Maintain vehicles in good working order.
- Accept payments from customers upon delivery.
Minimum Qualification and Educational Requirements:
- 3 or more years’ experience working in a similar and relevant position environment.
- Previous knowledge of Food and Beverage Wholesale industry.
- Valid Code 10 Drivers’ License.
- Valid PrDP for Goods and Passengers.
- Defensive Driving Course would be advantageous.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent timekeeping abilities.
- Ability to work and function in a high paced environment.
- Excellent pressure handling abilities
- Ability to function in a hard-labour environment.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Excellent coordination.
- Good organizing abilities.
- Good numerical skills.
- Good literacy skills.
- Physically fit to carry heavy objects.
- Ability to adapt to change.
Job Advert Summary
Rand Water has vacancies for Construction Plant Operators (X11), who will be responsible for operating Rand Water’s fleet of construction plant equipment. The position will be based at Emhlangeni Pipelines.
• Grade 12 (Matric/Standard 10) • Four (4) years’ experience in operating earth moving and construction equipment. • Experience in driving and operating heavy vehicles, tipper trucks and vehicle mounted cranes, crawler cranes and mobile cranes
• Responsible for and operating earthmoving and construction equipment • Completion of daily safety checklist, logbooks and defects • Driving of heavy commercial vehicles
• Safety knowledge of mechanical equipment • Knowledge of cranes and construction equipment
• Sound driving skills • Communication (Verbal and Written)
• Customer service orientation • Team work • Performance driven
The purpose of this position is to: * Provide an accurate and reliable administrative support function to the New Equipment Sales Manager * Analyse, control and supervise all aspects of New Equipment Sales administrative policies and practices * Implement and uphold actions in line with company strategic objectives * Maximise efficiency of and ensure administrative staff in the New Equipment Sales Admin personnel is supervised and the department is operating according to set targets and in line with operational requirements.
Job Responsibilities: Key Performance Area’s * Overall responsibility to ensure administrative tasks related to financial aspects of the New Equipment Sales department’s business operations are completed correctly and timeously:
monitoring requests for special pricing requested, accurate preparation of all finance documentation and timeous submission thereof to head office, managing, analysis of and reporting on management accounts as and when required, etc. * Ensuring machines ordered are delivered to spec, resolve issues if machines are not delivered to spec * Overall responsibility to ensure all administrative functions regarding and support to debtor’s department are in place, assisting with queries and facilitating the resolving of customer queries. * Overall responsibility to accurately and timeously prepare and distribute scheduled (monthly, weekly and daily) and ad-hoc reports as might be requested by department manager and / or head office, e.g.: weekly reports on back orders, machines available in stock, machines on order, general stock reports, monitoring and ensuring accuracy of ‘Estimates vs. Actuals’ report, preparation of weekly department KPA report, daily updates of sales analysis, etc.
* Accurately and timeously prepare and submit commission and incentive calculations and documentation * Advising LTR department on a monthly basis for LTR machines on which FMX systems need to be fitted * Facilitating customer complaints and queries; foster and maintain dedication to service excellence in every aspect of work carried out; ensure timeous feedback / communication to customersExperience & QualificationRequirements: * Grade 12 / Matric plus related tertiary qualification or proven and relevant experience and success in a similar position in the material handling or related industry; minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar position * Strong analytical ability; ability and suitable experience in compiling reports utilising and analysing various data sources and to present it in a user-friendly format * Must be computer literate and have advanced / expert skills in MS Outlook, Word and Excel * Must be of sober habits, have high energy levels and general good health * Code 8 driver’s licence * Advantageous: Experience working on the Kerridge systemJob Type: Full-time
Salary: R13,719.00 to R23,400.00 /monthExperience
Grade 12 / Matric
Valid driver’s license (code A1)
Willing and able to work retail hours and/or shifts
Previous experience in a similar role
Safely transport products to customer locations in a timely, safe and courteous manner
Be open to learning the various dispatch functions
Ensure the correct products are delivered to the correct customer within the specified time
Ensure that fridge line deliveries are prioritised and transported using cooler boxes and cold packs
Use the shortest and most efficient route to the customer, and back to the store
Return back to the store immediately after delivery, so the vehicle can be utilised for a second or third delivery
Ensure that after completion of delivery, that the vehicle is repacked to prevent boxes from falling and damaging the stock or vehicle
Be fully accountable for all damages and losses through the delivery process
Provide special care when delivering fragile and hazardous products
Comply with minimum standards of efficiency and accuracy, in order to meet company standards
Follow delivery/pickup instructions from manager
Ensure that all collections/store returns / inter-branches are correctly checked, signed for and returned to the receiving area
Ensure all delivery paperwork is signed upon delivery
Ensure to have the correct names and addresses of customers
Ensure all invoices recorded on the delivery log sheet, are available and correctly recorded
Ensure all invoices are signed in the correct manner and to report any discrepancies to the relevant manager
Comply with the company vehicle policy at all times
Complete and maintain an accurate vehicle logbook
Process payments on all transactions via EFT and cash
Ensure that the vehicle is never unattended during the delivery process
Ensure the vehicle is clean and washed
Inspect the vehicle for any defects and safe operating conditions before, during and after trips; and report any concerns to the manager
Report on all accidents and incidents involving drivers or company equipment
Adhere to the road traffic rules and regulations as per the National Road Traffic Act
Be responsible for any traffic fines allocated to the vehicle you drive
Create effective and efficient relationships with internal and external customers to improve operating efficiencies
Establish long-term customer relationship through prompt and courteous service
Ensure professional behaviour when dealing with customers
Report customer complaints, compliments, requests to management, and provide feedback
Strong command of the English language
Effective engagement with customers, management and staff
Trustworthy and honest
Report bad/suspicious behaviour relating to both staff and customers
Special conditions of employment:
Willing and able to work retail hours and/or shifts
Willing and able to work outdoors, and in various weather conditions
Able and physically fit to lift and move heavy boxes, and ensure health and safety standards are adhered to
Valid driver’s licence (code A1)
Reliable transport and/or reside in close proximity to the store
South African citizen
Clear credit and criminal records
Remuneration and benefits:
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
Previous experience in a similar role
. If you’ve completed your Matric and have experience as a Driver for more that 3 years with a valid Driver’s Licence and a PDP, then this opportunity might be for you. Apply now or contact Lisa on [email protected]
If you have not had any response in two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on file for any further suitable positions.
We also invite you to contact us to discuss other exciting career opportunities! –Please upload your CV here->
For more information contact: Lisa on -.