Stewardship and management of the global Appletiser brand from a strategic point of view including brand positioning, innovation, IMC (all elements of communication and tools), VIS. Management of relationships with franchise and BU marketing teams globally who are responsible for Appletiser to ensure alignment, consistency and growth of the brand.
This role is designed to support the Global Head of Appletiser by delivering clear brand strategic thinking including innovation plans and communication campaigns and tools; and to ensure adherence from all markets.
Key for this role will be the facilitation of good relationships between local marketing teams in markets and the global Appletiser team based in South Africa
- Development / Enhancement & Implementation of the Global Appletiser Brand Strategy
- Drive the development of global consumer insights, opportunities and marketing strategies, aligned to the brand strategic priorities
- Develop a 3-year strategy for the Appletiser portfolio of brands (SBP) based on consumer moments, the evolving category and competitive landscape to drive brand equity
- Ensure integration into the Global Marketing processes and platforms
- Ensure support of relevant Global Marketing function (e.g. Adults Sparkling Portfolio lead)
- Play a supportive role in development of launch plans/campaigns for Appletiser across markets and BU’s
- Bring the brand strategy to life through a relevant communication campaign by leveraging consumer insights to help identify and create ideas that drive profitable global growth:
- Ensure that the brand essence is captured across all communication development, including connection points that also cover product, pack and POS
- Collaboratively assist with the development of globally relevant strategic brand campaigns through collaboration with Business Units to ensure deep local consumer understanding and relevance.
- Develop and manage appropriate communication platforms with the Global Marketing teams to ensure alignment to brand strategy, continued visibility of the brand and to facilitate the sharing of best practices between markets
- Develop and manage the global communication platforms to drive continued senior level visibility of the brand
- Brand Tools and VIS Management
- Identify what tools are required by the global community for Appletiser TM and lead the development of these global brand tools
- Provide guidance to the local marketing teams of other BU’s as well as Franchise Marketing Managers to ensure global consistency of communication materials to the global VIS
- Deeply understand global consumer trends to develop global innovation strategies for the Appletiser portfolio including packaging formats and products
- Co-ordinate innovation readiness with relevant Business Units and assist in trial and launches in those territories
- Manage the global packaging changes as required centrally working together with local BU’s packaging teams
- Fully manage the packaging changes required across markets together with local marketing and packaging teams.
- Liaise with global packaging agency / agencies for changes of a global nature and local
- Identify strategic global packaging projects and manage development and implementation
- Understanding the changing consumer, market and competition dynamics and translating these insights into winning brand
strategies and innovation plans that are relevant globally
- P&L: Understand impact of all value chain elements on the P&L.
- Consumption metrics: Understand impact on consumption behaviour and how to influence it
- Brand health metrics: Understand consumers relationship with the brand and how to influence it
Collaborate geographically across BU’s to share best practices, keep updated with global programs, and develop necessary networks to improve synergy, productivity and best in class learning.
Proven strategic ability in the development of brand and portfolio strategy
JUDGEMENT AND DECISION MAKING
Sound judgement and decision-making in the context of a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Balances Immediate & Long-Term Priorities – Meets critical objectives while considering the impact of those activities on long-term goals. Translates strategic direction into personal actions/plans.
- Delivers Results – takes accountability, ensuring productive, efficient execution against priorities. Sets ambitious yet realistic goals and removes obstacles to ensure high quality results.
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements – Develops ideas and gains others’ commitment. Seizes opportunities that can deliver the greatest value. Promotes an environment of creative thinking and innovation
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas – Shares and adopts ideas in and outside the Company. Leverages insights to inform actions or gain support. Embraces change.
- Sets a Winning Example – Demonstrates integrity, including placing Company interests ahead of personal agendas. makes sound decisions and follows-through on them. Demonstrates passion for the Company and its products
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Builds Brand Love – Seeks understanding of fundamental human needs and behaviours. Pursue innovation and change with a mind-set of continuous improvement. Balances intuition and fact to distill complex thought into compelling ideas. Demonstrates judgment to define a compelling core creative idea. Crafts a vision for what the brand / category / market could be. Persuades and inspires others (consumers, agency, system, suppliers, rights holders, etc) to create belief. Anticipates future trends to engage and delight consumers.
- Builds Brand Value – Understands the external environment (competitive and market) and identifies new sources of opportunity. Interrogates data to identify core business levers. Balances facts with intuition to distill complex opportunities into compelling business cases. Understands the operational fundamentals of our Bottling System. Leverages analytical rigor to prioritize and allocate resources effectively. Measures financial and equity impact of investments and institutionalizes learnings. Deploys discipline and process to improve impact and speed to market.
Minimum 8 to 10 years of brand marketing experience in a FMCG or equivalent environment, encompassing:
- Managed a number of brands
- Worked across multiple geographies
- Worked on campaigns for global brands in a charter environment
- Project management
- Team management
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn’t enough. We need genius.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.