KFC are looking for the expertise of a highly technically skilled Senior Network & Infrastructure Engineer. Your core role will be to provide IT infrastructure-based support services relating to network systems and core infrastructure technologies including servers, switches, storage, virtualisation and cloud systems.
You will require hands-on experience with Data Centre Infrastructure environments, proven ability to troubleshoot network and connectivity issues, Linux, Azure, VMWare NSX, Cisco switching, routing and firewalling (Palo Alto firewalls), Cisco Meraki Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, BGP, Ethernet, QoS, IPSEC VPN, PKI as well as SD-WAN experience.
Implement, maintain and support current and future LAN/WAN network technologies. Support of Microsoft server related components including but not limited to Active Directory, Exchange/O365, Azure cloud, SSO, Operating Systems.
Be a critical part of a busy and dynamic global IT team who deliver the highest levels of support whilst meeting company SLAs. Proactive monitoring and network performance analysis to improve availability, utilisation and bandwidth usage. Troubleshooting LAN/WAN/wireless networking and security related issues. Assist with wider teams to design, plan and execute network & infrastructure upgrades. Upgrades will happen above and at restaurant level. Ensure security and compliance of global network infrastructure and ensure network strategy adheres to security policy and PCI-DSS regulations.
Be a point of escalation for network and infrastructure matters. Assist in the documentation of high-quality diagrams, policies and procedures. Provide 24×7 on-call support on rotation with other engineers (approximately one week per month). This role would also be responsible for establishing a Level 1 and Level 2 helpdesk.
Manage and provide leadership to Network & Infrastructure Services department within the IT portfolio. Create and execute the operational strategies for the Network & Infrastructure Services function in line with the KFC Global and KFC Africa IT Strategies.
Key requirements for the role:
- Manage Network & Infrastructure Services (Restaurant and Above Restaurant)
- Team management and resource allocation
- Derive and execute Future Back operational and tactical, Customer and Infrastructure Services Strategies
- In conjunction with the Head of IT, interact and manage strategic relationships with vendors. This will encompass sustaining relationships with strategic vendors and partners; and executing Service Level Agreements
- Manage (derive, update and enhance) Network & Infrastructure Services policies and procedures to ensure sound governance of the department
- Manage key technology projects and drive innovation within the Network & Infrastructure Services department
- Degree/Diploma in Information Technology
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP Wireless)
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE)
- VM Ware Data Centre Virtualsation (DCV)
- Hands-on experience with Data Centre Infrastructure environments and operations, technology stack (Windows Server and Desktop). Proven ability to troubleshoot network and connectivity issues including back bone infrastructure issues
- Experience managing Linux based systems. Azure cloud services. VMWare NSX experience. Cisco switching, routing and firewalling ((Palo Alto firewalls) and Cisco Meraki Wi-Fi. Watchguard
- Experience with Switch troubleshooting (VLANs, IP Subnetting). Good understanding of virtual networking concepts and infrastructure. Proven understanding of TCP/IP, BGP, Ethernet, QOS, IPSEC VPN, PKI, Radius. Experience working in a large multinational environment. Strong English speaker, comfortable with communicating technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- 5 to 9 years’ experience managing an IT Support and Infrastructure portfolio (includes managing teams)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing the following technologies:
- Windows Operating systems (includes Windows 7 and 10);
- Apple software and hardware;
- File Encryption software;
- Remote computing management tools;
- Desktop Office suites;
- Restaurant point of Sale and related systems;
- Server infrastructure / hardware and operating systems;
- Backup software;
- Network infrastructure;
- SharePoint; and
- Communication systems
- Must be at an analytical level and have sound problem solving skills
- Service level management for outsourced IT infrastructure services
- Previous experience in managing, rolling out and supporting store technology and services
- Networking Technologies – Expert
- Telephony Technologies – Expert
- Desktop and Laptop Technologies – Expert
- Server Technologies – Expert
- Virtual Server Software – Expert
- Restaurant Point of Sale Systems – Expert
- Analytical and problem solving – Expert
- Managerial – Expert
- CCNA / CCNP