Duties & Responsibilities
Position: Technical Operator
Reports to: Technical Manager
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Assist the Technical Manager in the Maintenance and manufacturing of specialized machines. Work in a team and ensuring the complete functioning of all machinery in the field.
- Proficiency with multiple manufacturers automation hardware and software
- Strong knowledge of electromechanical manufacturing processes, mining preferred
- Assisting with accurate bill of materials
- Ensure suppliers compliances to high standard of parts needed
- Get necessary quotes for all spare part of machines or newly designed parts as per drawings
- Get quotes for contractors to assist with manufacturing of specialized parts and to ensure the quality is of a high standard. Maintain and test all equipment / machinery to ensure functionality, safety and availability to complete work within the specified timeframe and budgetary limits.
- Ensure that components causing excessive downtime are identified and permanent solutions are found and implemented
- Perform Condition Based Maintenance on equipment
- Be responsible for the diagnosis, testing and repair of electrical and mechanical failures on
- Interpret electrical and mechanical circuit diagrams
- Inform the superior of any additional defects as well as spare parts and time needed to complete the work
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained through utilising the right tools, Work Instruments and within safety regulations.
- Be responsible for ensuring equipment/machinery is tested for functionality and safety before being returned to production.
- Assemble of parts as per drawings
- Assembling of machines.
- Testing all relevant machine parts before final assembling
- Daily 07:00 Engineering meeting with Technical manager
- Stock take review to ensure right components and quantities are available. Check maintenance/manufacturing stock usages.
- Improve up time, analyse breakdowns using 5 WHY’s.
- Daily Preventative Maintenance planning on all machines.
- Engineering staff Monthly Performance Reviews
- Safety program review (mining)
- Other duties as per reasonable requests
- Attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
- Must be able to handle pressure
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good decision-making skills
- Analytical and accurate
- Electro-mechanical Trade Test (e.g. Millwright) or equivalent
- Proficiency with multiple manufacturers’ automation hardware and software
- Grade 12 or technical Matric.
- Valid driver’s license
- Required experience
- 1 + years relevant post trade experience as a Millwright
- Experience in the mining environment would be highly beneficial
- Ability to work in a plant environment for extended periods of time (high temperature/high humidity environment)
- Ability to work weekends and public holidays
- Inspire Trust
- Does work in an ethical, honest, and responsible way
- Builds trust inside and outside of the organization (peers, other teams, customers, suppliers, etc.)
- Keeps promises and delivers on commitments
- Take Ownership
- Treats people like you want to be treated
- Considers everything as if it were own personal business (spending of money, decision making, problem solving, etc.)
- Is committed to the success of QSR’s (Quality service representative) demonstrated in daily activities.
- Engaged attitude
- Demonstrates sincere desire to serve and help others be successful
- Actively contributes to the business (engaged)
- Highly energetic and enthusiastic
- Shows appreciation for the contribution of others
Package & Remuneration