Intern- Finance: 12 months fixed term contract
Main purpose of the job
To provide administrative and finance support within the MRC/Wits Rural Public Health and Health Transitions Research Unit (Agincourt)
Location: University of the Witwatersrand, School of Public Health, Parktown
Key performance areas
- Preparation of electronic payment requisitions – ePMVs with relevant supporting documents, for processing.
- Obtain quotations and process procurement when required.
- Maintaining financial records and preparing monthly accounts.
- Performing ledger reconciliations to supporting documentation & efficient clearing of reconciling items.
- Supplier creditor reconciliations.
- Asset verification.
- Working with the finance team to ensure prompt settlement of payments and submit proof of payments to creditors.
- Ensure transactions such as reimbursements & company credit cards are correctly allocated and paid.
- Adhoc tasks as requested by managers & administrators within the unit.
Required minimum education and training
- National Diploma/ Degree in Accounting.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Computer literacy – Microsoft office, Excel essential.
- Knowledge in Sage X3, Oracle and other ERPs will be an added advantage.
- Good time management skills are required.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff and managers.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team player
How to Apply
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, clearly state which vacancy you are applying for and forward your detailed CV and motivation outlining why you are suited to this position, to: Sibusisiwe Ntuli at [email protected]
Closing date: 27th September 2019