A job opportunity exists for the right candidate in Western Cape.
Location: Groote Schuur Hospital, Tygerberg Hospital, Red Cross Hospital, Worcester Hospital, George Hospital, Stellenbosch Hospital, Eerste River Hospital, Karl Bremer Hospital, Victoria Hospital, Khayelitsha Hospital, Kraaifontein CHC, Lady Michaelis CHC, Vanguard CHC, Mitchell’s Plain CHC and Bishop Lavis CHC
- Senior Certificate (or equivalent).
- University academic record for the 3 years of study.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with applicable legislation.
- National and Provincial Health Policies, Pharmacy Acts and Laws.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and maintain a high standard of professionalism.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Leadership by demonstrating initiative in addressing problems.
- Provision of Pharmaceutical Care, including prescription evaluation, dispensing of medication and provision of information to ensure patient compliance and therapeutic success.
- Effective medicine supply management to ensure the safe and reliable procurement, storage, control and distribution of quality pharmaceuticals.
- Adherence to policies, procedures and expenditure control.
- Assist with the training, education and development of pharmacy staff and other health workers, and promotion of Public health.
- Quality Management by demonstrating compliance with National Core Standards, Occupational Health & Safety control and good Pharmacy practices.