The main purpose of the job is the sale of parts and to liaison with customers
Reporting: This role will report to the Team Leader
- Client liaison – Build good relationship between Company and Customer
- Ensure zero customer complaints
- Receive sales order from client
- Timeous processing of parts sales
- Preparation of quotes and invoices
- Quotes, customer orders & invoices are correctly filed at all times.
- Ordering urgent orders from central warehouse
- Invoice register up to date at all times
- Distributing back order parts to relevant customer
- Parts catalogue up to date at all times
- Monitoring delivery and collection of parts to customers
- Monitoring picking of customer invoices
- Follow up on V.O.R orders from customers and give feedback
- Filing of quotes, customer orders and invoices
- Control of invoice register
- Assisting with stock take procedures
- Overtime and Standby
- Updating and maintenance on all Parts Catalogues
- Achieve Sales Targets/ KPIs
- Assisting in all parts operations where requested
- Create and maintain Customer Base
- Daily follow-up on customers
- Obtaining of new customers
- Compliance to ISO 9001 and Safety
- All process in your area of responsibility are following ISO standard
- Ensure the safety process are followed
- Ensure the Safety Act and Regulation is adhered to
- Provide assistance to Warehouse Supervisor/Controller when required
Education and Job Experience
- Must have Matric or Grade 12
- Parts Sales Certification
- Must have 3 years previous experience in the commercial trucking industry
- Must be Computer Literate
- Technical background of parts would be an advantage
Job Knowledge and Skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Must be self motivated
- Must have good admin and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Customer skills, friendly, get on well with people.
- Neat, confident, self-motivated, able to perform under pressure and honesty.
- Admin and good organisational skills as well as the ability to pay close attention to detail and meet tight deadlines.
- Computer skills, GDS/SAP.
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.