University of Free State
The purpose of the internship programme is to offer graduates (diploma/degree) with no relevant work experience the opportunity to obtain practical workplace exposure and experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
Gain exposure in the following tasks:
- Coordinate meetings.
- Filing of documents.
- Handles boardroom bookings.
- Manage and schedule appointments for investigators.
- General office administration.
- Handles queries of walk-ins and refer unresolved queries to relevant colleagues for assistance.
- Answer telephone and ensures that massages are conveyed accordingly.
- Update invoice register.
- Assist with photocopying of documents.
- General Admin duties.
- Typing of documents.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University’s richly diverse working environment.
- Intermediate Computer skills, including (MS Word, MS Excel, Internet).
- Customer service focused.
- Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team and function under pressure.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Results oriented.
- Willingness to go beyond the call of duty and to work after hours (when necessary).
The following criteria apply to the selection of candidates:
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership/internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership/internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of one (1) year.
How to Apply
Closing date: 11 June 2019.