University of Free State
The purpose of the internship programme is to offer graduates with no relevant work experience the opportunity to obtain practical workplace exposure and experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with recruiting administration activities including: placing advertisements on all advertising platforms as used by the UFS, handling queries related to the advertised jobs, screening CV’s, creating summary lists of applicants and conducting reference and criminal checks.
- Ensure data integrity and quality assurance.
- Ensure a positive and strong candidate experience, while maintaining responsive and continuous communication.
- Ensure recruitment and selection policies and processes are adhered to.
- Provide professional, knowledgeable and friendly services to clients, ensuring a prompt response to queries and requests.
- Assist with liaising with recruitment agencies and other stakeholders.
- Assist with maintaining records of candidate databases, as well as recruitment agencies and network platforms.
- Assist with providing innovative HR solutions.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in human resources or a related discipline.
- Thorough understanding of HR theories and best practices.
- Sound knowledge of business drivers and trends as well as environmental factors which influence and shape HR strategies.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, compensation and benefits, labour relations and negotiation.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University’s richly diverse working environment.
- Basic computer skills in MS Word and Excel
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to be part of a working team.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail.
Honours degree in human resources or a related discipline
The following criteria apply to the selection of candidates:
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership / internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership / internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of one (1) year.
Assumption of duties: 1 March 2019
Closing date: 8 February 2019