The MFMIP is a structured professional training and work experience programme with the goal of providing high quality training and practical exposure in all aspects of a municipal Budget and Treasury office which is governed by the Municipal Finance Management Act, 2003 (Act 56 of 2003) and the underlying reforms. The programme has a logical training sequence that builds on the skills and competencies acquired during University and University of Technology training. It ends where appropriate, with the credits or a qualification in Municipal Finance Management in line with the Municipal Minimum Competency Regulations, of June 2007 and October 2018.
- The candidate should hold as a minimum, a three-year Bachelor’s degree or a three year National Diploma with majors in
- Economic or
- Finance including either Risk Management and/or Auditing, amongst other.
- The appointed intern will sign an internship agreement which is in addition to the employment contract.
- The effect of the agreement is to ensure commitment to the programme which require, amongst other, full participation in the educational and workplace assignments and observance of policies and procedures.
- The candidate must be between the ages of 21 to 35.
- No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
- All inquiries must be directed to the Chief Financial Officer at telephone number: 051-7530777.
How to Apply
A completed application form (see website: “Application Form Ordinary Employees”), certified copies of academic qualifications and a copy of your curriculum vitae must be addressed to:
The Municipal Manager,
Private Bag X6,
Closing date: 28 August 2019
Correspondence will ONLY be entered into with short-listed candidates. If you do not receive notifications regarding your application within one month of the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.