University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) invites candidates to apply for Counselling Psychology Internship Programme 2020 / 2021.
University of KwaZulu-Natal: Counselling Psychology Internship
The intern will be expected to render psychological services under supervision, for a variety of student concerns, including personal issues, career counselling and academic problems. S/he will have to work with young adults, provide services at individual and group levels, conduct psychometric assessments, pre-and post- HIV test counselling and facilitate Life-skills training. S/he will also be expected to participate fully in the Intern Training Programme.
- Registration with the HPCSA as a current Master’s student in a Counselling or Educational psychology program
- Evidence of completion of M1 examinations by the beginning of the internship year 2021
- Evidence of at least 25 hours supervised clinical experience
- Experience in direct provision of psychological services in assessment/diagnosis and intervention/treatment
- Computer literacy (MSWord, Internet and email)
Applications should include:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Official transcripts of post-graduate academic records
- One work sample (written sample of applicant’s work, e.g. assessment report or treatment summary – without identifying information)
- Name and contact information (including email addresses) of three referees, two of which must include a direct clinical supervisor and a research supervisor
This internship will be effective from the provisional dates of 01 January 2021 to 31 December 2021 (this may be subject to change due to Covid-19 circumstances).
How to apply
Applications must be emailed to: Prashna Singh at [email protected]
Incomplete Submissions Will Not Be Considered.
Closing Date for receipt of applications: 15 October 2020