Ubuntu Local Municipality
Ubuntu Local Municipality invites unemployed graduates to apply for Finance Internship Programme 2020 / 2021.
Ubuntu Local Municipality, an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer headquartered in Victoria West, subscribes to the principles of employment equity and actively promotes representation in terms of race, gender and disability. Applications are currently invited for the following career.development opportunities:
FINANCIAL INTERN X 1
Two (2) year contract
- A three-year Bachelors Degree or National Diploma with majors in Accounting, Economics or Finance including either Risk Management and/or Auditing amongst other.
- Sound written and oral communication skills
- Computer Literacy
- Accuracy will serve as a strong recommendation
- The intern will sigh an internship agreement which is in addition to the employment contract
- The effect of the agreement is to ensure commitment to the programme which require, amongst other, full participation in the educational and workplac’e assignments and observance of policies and procedures.
- The internship programme is a structured professional training and work experience with the goal of providing high quality , and practical exposure in all aspects of a Municipal Budget and Treasury Office which is governed by the Municipal Finance Management Act, Act 56 of 2003 and the underlying reforms.
- The programme has a logical training sequence that builds on the skills and competencies acquired during University and Technikon training.
- It ends where appropriate with the credits or a qualification in Municipal Finance Management in line with the Municipal Minimum Competency Regulations, Gazette 29967 of June 2007.
REMUNERATION: R120 000 per annum (All Inclusive)
How to apply
Letters of application, accompanied by a full CV certified copies of qualifications, certificates, ID and valid drivers’ licence must be forwarded to the Acting Municipal Manager, Ubuntu Local Municipality, Private Bag X329, VICTORIA WEST 7070
Fraudulent qualifications or documentation, including driver’s licences, will immediately disqualify any applicant.
Ubuntu Local Municipality has a firm commitment to the advancement of the previously disadvantaged including women and the disabled.
Canvassing will immediately disqualify candidates from appointment.
If no notification regarding this advertisement has been received within two months of the closing date, please assume that the application was unsuccessful.
Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates.
The Municipality reserves the right not to make any appointment.
NB: in terms of our Employment Equity Plan disabled people are encourage to apply the positions. Note: No faxed or e-mail applications will be considered.
ENQUIRIES: Mr. Romano A Jacobs (PA) SA, Chief Financial Officer, 053 6210 026