- To create capacity and ensure proper maintenance and availability of the network through competent employees
- To attract young graduates who align themselves with the Transnet culture charter and delivery promise of on time scheduled railway
- The programme offers TFR engineering personnel an opportunity to develop a career within the organisation
- It is our desire that our graduates reach their objectives of professional registration (ECSA / Government Certificate of Competency [GCC])
- East London
- Port Elizabeth
- It will be compulsory for the candidates (during the 24 month training period) to acquire technical training in their own discipline to prepare them to do their technical job and also to enable them to register.
- It will also be compulsory for candidates to rotate through the various disciplines to get background in other technical fields, however still focussing on their core discipline.
- The objective is to have a rounded employee who has an understanding of all the TFR business.
Qualifications & Experience:
Candidates wishing to apply for the Technician-in-Training(TIT) programme must have a 3 year National Diploma in the following engineering discipline:
- Industrial & Civil Engineering
- Applicants must have completed their P1-P2.
- Applicants must have graduated with the required discipline qualifications
How to Apply
Closing date: 18 September 2019