To assist the Train Driver in the movement of the train, shunt the train and to convey information to the client centre en route to enhance the safe, fast movement of commodities.
- Assist the Train Driver in the safe movement of the train from station/departure to its destination.
- Execute shunting activities in sidings and en-route according to directives received / orders to ensure fright is transported and delivered according to train plan.
- Assist the Train Driver in ensuring the safety of the train and its load by ensuring that it is protected all the time during the trip according to the safety standards and trains working rules and ensure a hazardous free environment.
- Perform various administration duties of moderate complexity requiring general knowledge of train services and other
- Provide accurate feedback timeously to the Train Driver along the route to enable the driver to complete the trip safely and according to regulation.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12 with Mathematics
- At least 1,6 meters tall
- Visual acuity
- Physically able to lift and carry objects (be prepared to be subjected to assessment of physical abilities)
- Train Assistant Initial course
- Geography of the section of responsibility
- Shunting procedures
- Train Service
- Act 85
- Vocational knowledge
- High voltage safety instructions
- General and local appendix and directives
- Hazardous materials
- Radio train order system
- Stress handling
- Problem solving
- Hazmat risk handling
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Report writing
- Be in possession of a Diploma in Trains Working
- Data capturing
- Conflict handling
How to Apply