We are the Sports Brand Authority.
Totalsports is the largest Sporting Goods Retail brand in Southern Africa. We remain positioned as the premier omni-channel sporting goods destination offering both an in-store and online experience. As strategic partners with leading global brands Nike, adidas, Under Armour, Asics, New Balance and Puma; Totalsports delights athletes and sports enthusiasts with the latest offering from sports brands. With a key sport strategy focusing on football, running and fitness, Totalsports offers customers a broad product assortment incorporating footwear; apparel; equipment and technology thereby cementing market leadership.
In Totalsports we believe that sport changes lives. If you believe this too, then we have the perfect position for you. An opportunity has become available in our merchandise team for an Allocator.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Working with Planners and Buyers to fully implement the Merchandise Strategy
- Store and merchandise-related (style and sizing) analysis
- Liaising with suppliers, stores and the Distribution Centre regarding queries
- Monitoring the delivery of stock and take appropriate action
- Replenishment management
- Effective communication with stores and field
- Monitoring product performance to take appropriate action
- Regular store visits where appropriate
To apply you need to have/be:
- Relevant tertiary business qualification- degree / 3 year diploma
- Excels at data analysis and the ability to draw inferences
- A high degree of numeracy and a detailed and strategic approach to work
- Strong business acumen and merchant thinking
- The ability to communicate and persuade effectively at all levels
- Ability to show initiative and be resourceful
- Ability to source and implement effective solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Sound decision making ability
- Must have excellent skills with MS Office (Excel at an advanced level) and/or other Business Intelligence Tools/ Planning Tools
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act and in line with TFG’s Employment Equity Policy.