The Wildlife and Environment Society of South Africa invite applications from interested candidates to be part of the Tourism Blue Flag (TBF) project. Participants will undergo training and receive work place skills development. The program will be implemented for a period of twelve (12) months and the participants must come from the following municipalities in three coastal provinces:
Kouga and Nelson Mandela Bay Metro municipalities
Please take note that successful candidates will be expected to sign a twelve month (12) contract with the Wildlife and Environment Society of South Africa and host employers/sites. It is essential to mention your Local Municipality, ward number and home address in your CV with clear contact numbers.
NB: This programme is only for South African citizens residing within the Western Cape, Eastern Cape and KwaZulu-Natal.
- The Learner must be unemployed
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-35 years,
- Have a minimum of Grade twelve (Matric) qualification and must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Be a resident of the Local Municipality and must reside within 25km of the coastline (Proof required)
- Have a passion or interest for people, tourism, safety, education and the environment.
- Must not have participated in any Department of Tourism funded projects in the last two years.
- Must be able to provide a police clearance certificate
- Not more than one learner per household
- Some work experience or further qualifications would be an advantage
How to Appy
Applicants who meet the above requirements should submit a detailed CV together with the attached application form, certified copies of qualifications, proof of residence not older than three months and an identity document.
Closing Date: 13 November 2019.