https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png 0 0 Gover https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png Gover2020-09-15 04:43:182020-09-15 04:43:18Talented Recruitment: Sample Machinist (Clothing)
A busy Clothing Manufacturer and Supplier based in Hammarsdale (KZN) has a vacancy for a Sample Machinist. (Clothing/Garments)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Very good to excellent sewing skills.
- Must have worked on the flat machine, cover seam machine and mock safety machine.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Producing samples or mock-ups of garments.
- Checking fabric pieces against cad for correctness.
- Machining of garments.
- Analysing garment construction.
- Ensure that measurements are according to spec.
- Liaise with pattern makers if problem arises with pattern.
- Once machining is completed, check garment for any flaws.
- If garment is in order, clean garment, sew on button, thread draw cord or add fuse.
- Unpicking if required.
- Handover to presser with spec.
- Record production in workbook daily.
Package & Remuneration
R Negotiable – Negotiable