Takealot contributes to skills development in the Information Technology, Computer Science and Computer Engineering sector through funding bursaries for deserving candidates who are South African citizens studying at public South African institutions towards relevant degree programmes.Takelot simultaneously wants to create a talent pipeline of developers to enter our graduate development programme. Our bursaries therefore come with a work back obligation and vacation work.
The main criteria used in the selection of successful applicants are academic potential and motivation for a career with Takealot.
- residence/private accommodation
- subsistence (for beneficiaries living in private and/or non-catering residential students and catering residential students)
- stationery and books
- a personal computer (for beneficiaries who do not have a personal computer)
- transport (four home trip allowances at the cost of a bus ticket,
Minimum selection criteria:
- Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
- Applicants must in 2020 be in their final year of undergraduate studies or in their Honours year of study in university and must have achieved an average of 65% and above in the latest examinations (mid-year / June).
- Applicants must have achieved an average of 65% and above for their undergraduate degree and in the latest examinations (mid-year / June).
- Applicants must be available to work for Takealot during vacation and upon graduation.
- Bachelor of Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Business Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
How to Apply
Applications close: 30th Sep 2019