https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png 0 0 Gover https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png Gover2020-10-24 11:22:382020-10-24 11:22:38Systems Engineer
Hollywoodbets has an exciting opportunity available for a Systems Engineer to be based in the Head Office in Umhlanga. This position is responsible ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of information systems, including but not limited to voice, data, and wireless network services within the Hollywood Group. The candidate will possess a strong technical background in Microsoft and Linux operating systems. The successful candidate will need to show proven hands on experience managing, troubleshooting and supporting a complex, virtualized hybrid environment. As all support, maintenance and troubleshooting will happen on live mission critical systems operating 24 x 7 x 365.
- Internationally recognized Microsoft, Cisco, F5, and / or Fortinet qualifications
- Linux+ or equivalent course
- 3+ years in a similar position
- Hands on working experience / working knowledge of managing Asterisk and Avaya Enterprise VoIP services.
- Extensive experience / exposure and knowledge of IP networking and protocols Yes Exposure to EMC SAN’s, Dell SAN’s, HP SAN’s and Recover Point.
- VMware VCP
- 1+ years’ VMware experience
- Administration of the Windows/Linux network, including all servers and desktops and laptops.
- Administration of all mobile devices in the group, including but not limited to Apple, Android, Windows OS, etc.
- Management of the Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, Group Policy, Active Directory, Exchange 2013 / 2016 and MSSQL 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016 (configuration / installation / maintenance of forests, trees and DNS services), RDS, IIS 6 and above.
- Installation of new remote sites and travelling to remote sites to complete repairs as required.
- Provide 2nd level support for 1st line IT Support / Systems engineers.
- Timely installation of patches, updates, and service packs following patch audit assessments.
- Management of telecommunications, including ISDN lines, Diginet / DSL lines, analogue phone lines, fibre lines and wireless backup mediums. Logging of faults and taking ownership ensuring faults are resolved in a timeously manner.
- Installation of network and standalone printers and maintenance.
- Expert knowledge of network cabling systems and functionality and proven experience with LAN support.
- Installation / maintenance / troubleshooting CCTV solutions.
- Assist where required with Microsoft SAM audit.
- 1 to 2 years hands on working experience of telephony systems (Avaya and Asterisk) and managing recordings and call routing.
- 1 to 2 years hands on working experience with LAN/WAN implementation, DNS changes / requests, advanced routing and switching on Cisco and Juniper hardware.
- 1 to 2 years hands on working experience with WAN OP devices (Expand, Riverbed, etc.).
- 1 to 2 years hands on working experience with HP, Cisco and Dell servers on enterprise level.
- 1 to 2 years hands on working experience with EMC and HP SAN, NAS storage management on enterprise level.
- Working knowledge on EMC XtremCache / Fast Cache management on enterprise level.
- Working experience with F5 LTM / GTM appliances.
- 1 to 2 years hands on working experience with Fortigate firewalls.
- 1 to 2 years hands on working experience network tools, i.e. Wireshark.
- Setting up / configuring / administration of NMS system(s), eg. Nagios, NetFlow, Cacti.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Strong leadership and time management skills to train and support 1st level Systems Engineers / 1st, 2nd and 3rd level IT Support Engineers.
- Extensive exposure to managing AppAssure backup solution / optimize current processes as the company grows.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards.
- Work closely with the Senior Systems Engineer to make sure all systems are secure.
- Antivirus deployments and patching / updating.
- Working knowledge installing and maintaining VIP Payroll, VIP People and Pastel Evolution.
- Management of McAfee End Point Protection Suite (EPO, DLP, Antivirus, Endpoint Encryption).
- User administration and management.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Additional duties as required.
- Demonstrates exceptional attention to detail.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Ensures work responsibilities is covered when absent.
- Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands and Changes.
- Approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Stress – Ability to work in a high pressure environment requiring quick and accurate feedback and responses.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to take accountability and entail great problem solving skills.
Must have a strong sense of customer focus.
- Excellent people management and relationship management skills.
- Must be results driven.
- Portray strong attention to detail, whilst maintaining efficiency.
- Impressive planning, organizational and time management skills.
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.