- Grade 12
- Industry Certification: BMC Certified Developer: AR System
- Industry Certification: BMC Certified Administrator: AR System
- Industry Certification: BMC Certified Administrator: BMC Atrium CMDB
- Extensive Experience providing Remedy System administration services (5-10 years)
- Experience managing Remedy development activities and proficiency in applying the SDLC and DevOps principles (3-5 years)
- Experience supporting large user enterprise environments (3-5 years)
- Experience implementing large scale Remedy-based ITSM solutions (3-5 years)
- Prior Remedy development experience (3-5 years)
- Solid working experience with SDLC Tools (3-5 years)
- Experience with Atlassian Stack (Jira, Jenkins, Portfolio, Bitbucket, SonarQube, Apache Maven) (3-5 years)
- Proven history of incident response, diagnostic activities, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Corrective Action Plans, and advanced troubleshooting (3-5 years)
- Experience in a cloud based environment (3-5 years)
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of application development methodologies and practices from Agile, Waterfall (3-5 years)
- Experience in documenting environment and processes (3-5 years)
To assist the Team Lead in the IT Tools Team with support, engineering and administration of all common software application tools used by IT. The candidate will be responsible for providing engineering and administration on the Incident Management system as well as on the Software Development Lifecycle tools. The candidate will be part of a team of engineers and administrators, supporting assigned systems, applications, and associated technologies in the enterprise.
To assist with the administration and support of BMC Remedy Helix
- Responsible for supporting the Service Management System (Remedy) upgrades, change requests, improvements, fixes and overall structure and operations, under task-based, SDLC and Agile methods.
- Day-to-day responsibilities include managing overall structure and content of the system. *Perform change assessments, attend change control boards, provide or perform required change documentation and procedures.
- Review, clean-up user and system accounts as well as other system metadata.
- Manage user permissions.
- Present improvement ideas, analyse requests for change, draft and update system design documentation, understand and implement approved system change requests under change guidance, interface with users, support testing, and provide demos of the changes incorporated.
- Plan installation, upgrades, configuration, development and testing of BMC Remedy Helix *Test and evaluate enhancement and modification of the Remedy Helix system
- Support internal and external teams with Remedy Helix integration
- Develop customised workflows in accordance to customer and project needs
- Assist in the creationupdating of Remedy Helix documentation
To implement and maintain Software Development Lifecycle tools (SDLC).
- Adopt, customise and implement industry standard DevOps policies and DevOps procedures.
- Resolve Incidents and fulfil Service Requests using a service management ticket queue and Change Management processes.
- Configure and maintain full stack SDLC systems and software
- Assist in the design, development, implementation, testing and/or modification of computing systems, and associated SDLC tools.
- Follow and implement security policies.
- Create technical specifications and/or support documentation for tools support activity and related products or services.
- Interact and collaborate with other internal IT technical teams or external vendors in resolution or restoration of service as necessary.
To assist with the administration and support of Atlassian Jira
- Gather input from stakeholders on current, intended, and potential use of Jira and related tools
- Assess current usage across functional teams and identify areas to streamline or enhance
- Develop workflows, customisation, and integration with plug-ins and other tools to streamline day-to-day use
- Document systems, processes, and decisions within Jira and related tools
- Configure projects, boards, tasks/issues, and permissions for current and future use
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent BMC Remedy product knowledge (5-10 years)
- Understanding of designing and developing Remedy for multi-tiered user support including Service Desk and IT Operations (3-5 years)
Desirable (3-5 years):
- Understanding of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) principles
- Good Understanding and Working knowledge of a collection SDLC tools
- Understanding of SDLC methodologies; Agile; Waterfall; DevOps
- Understanding of SDLC stages and best practices
- Knowledge of standard security guidelines.
- Proficiency in configuring the BMC ITSM Suite, and integrated systems (5-10 years)
- Ability to ascertain information about current organisational processes and how to go about organising and improving IT Service Management practices based on the feedback (5-10 years)
- Scripting experience Java, C, HTML, CSS, PowerShell, and Bash within and outside of the BMC Remedy System
- Expertise in software development, software testing methodologies, release management and operations processes and standards.