IQbusiness South Africa
The IQbusiness sustainability practice supports organisations across all sectors to achieve ‘profit with a purpose’ by generating economic, social, and environmental value for both business and society. We have an exciting opportunity for a sustainability/strategy consultant to join our growing sustainability practice.
The role will require the consultant to:
- Keep abreast with sustainability trends and opportunities.
- Assist in the development of the sustainability practice including identifying and engaging new clients, business development, proposal writing, engaging our sales team, creating internal awareness and cross-practice collaboration on our sustainability service offerings and development of technical processes and procedures.
- Expand our knowledge work through research, writing articles, planning, and hosting webinars, engaging relevant industry organisations and participating at conferences.
Support clients to:
- Deﬁne/align sustainability/developmental strategies to ensure inclusive value creation.
- Develop the business case for the implementation sustainability strategies.
- Set measurable environmental, social, governance (ESG) and ﬁnancial targets and
- Align to global and national developmental goals, best practices, and reporting standards.
- Activate sustainability strategies through process, people, and technology.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation frameworks to measure and assess success of sustainability strategies/initiatives.
- Monetise ESG impact.
- Improve internal ESG performance management and reporting.
- Ensure project deliverables and client engagements meet IQbusiness’ delivery excellence standard.
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Behaviour
- Graduate degree in a relevant discipline- Honors or Masters would be an advantage.
- 5 to 8 years working experience in related field – including consulting experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and the MS Suite.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to integrate societal and environmental context and understand implications on business sustainability.
- Strong verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently in a high-stress and time-pressured environment.
- Highly focus on detail and ensuring quality