The main purpose of the role
To manage and regulate the stock control function in the distribution centre in such a manner that the stock levels reflected on the system equal the physical stock in the warehouse. This includes monitoring of quality, complying with company procedures, and adherence to lead times.
• Optimising stock holding and space utilization
• Driving discipline in improving stock control
• Manage quality of stock holding and limit stock damages
• Maintain world class standard on stock accuracy
• Provide input into the design of, implement and maintain optimal stock control and stock flow processes.
• Design and document standard operating procedures for all stock and inventory activities;
• Monitor stock levels daily to review any delivery issues or availability problems that need
addressing across the product lines;
• Proactively identify any supply issues and recommend action to minimise order shortages;
• Implement and maintain logical storage of all materials; propose changes to current inventory system that would improve service to customers;
• Plan, drive and manage biannual stock-take process, ensuring compliance with all company
policies and ensuring sound governance;
• Deliver inventory value and stock-take performance in line with business targets;
• Ensure that records of each product’s inventory count are constantly maintained to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information;
• Investigate discrepancies in stock by analysing reports, resolving differences and reporting back to Distribution Centre Manager;
• Manage process for writing off damaged and miss-bound stock, ensuring inventory shrinkage is kept to a minimum.
• Ensure that the computerised stock system is regularly updated with new shelf locations etc;
• Handle queries and problems related to stock control;
• Ensure stock replenishments completed on time;
• Compile and submit monthly and ad-hoc inventory management reports;
• Ensure that service level agreements (SLA) are met; and
• Provide input into and manage the budget for the department.
Skills and competencies
• Attention to detail
• Excellent work ethic
• Target driven
• Good communication skills
• Good interpersonal and conflict-handling skills
• Organising, coordinating and planning skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Problem-solving ability
• Customer-service orientated (internal customers)
• Process orientated
• Strong leadership skills
• Relevant business qualification related to stock/ inventory management.
• At least 3 – 5 years of experience within stock control
• Experience within an eCommerce or single picking environment.
• Knowledge of inventory management concepts and forecasting and replenishment
• Proficient in inventory management software and all other relevant software and
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.