The purpose of this role is to control raw material stock levels and manage stock movement. The continuous monitoring of stock levels (raw materials and additives) and liaison with internal- and external suppliers to ensure the timeous delivery of raw materials, keeping in mind lead times, will be the focus of this position.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 (NQF4)
- At least 5-years proven work experience within the FMCG environment
- Animal Feed mill experience will be advantageous
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily stock counts on raw materials and additives to ensure that there are no “out-of-stock” situations and for the important role balancing of stock plays in the quality of final products.
- Management of staff to ensure that inspections and samples are done according to quality monitoring procedures.
- Co-ordination of the off-loading schedule of Raw Material loads.
- Timeous ordering of stock considering lead times, stock days and expected sales received from marketing team.
- Adherence to FIFO and Stacking and Storage regulations.
- Manage housekeeping on a world class level.
- Continuous liaison with internal and external departments to ensure proper planning and in doing so save cost on raw materials.
- Assisting with weekend duty on a rotational basis.
- Ability to function independently as well as in a team
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Communication skills and good people relations in the workplace
- Ability to work under pressure and extended hours