Standard Bank is offering internships to unemployed graduates who wish to kickstart their career in the banking sector.
- To take demand (in branch) from personal customers for any banking matters ranging from product questions to customer account activities (e.g., opening accounts, statements, debit order information, etc.), whilst forming an accurate assessment and understanding of that demand in order to act on it in a one-and-done manner that consistently delivers what matters to the customer within product and legislative (e.g., FAIS) parameters.
- To drive customer service excellence in order to add value and contribute to the overall profitability of the branch.
- To use data to identify system conditions that may hinder capability of response and what matters to the customer, whilst maximising value demand.
Determine personal customer demand:
- Engages with customers in order to understand what matters to the customer and deliver against those demands.
- Validates the customer’s regulatory status (e.g., KYC, POPI, etc.).
- Identifies authenticity of the customer (where required) in order to prevent disclosure of information to unauthorised persons.
- Takes ownership of every demand and provides the customer with an immediate response (depending on the nature of the demand) or facilitates the completion of the customer demand. Drives one-and-done as far as possible – updates relevant systems with history notes as applicable.
- Understands the risks associated with the customer demand and adheres to all risk and compliance requirements when executing on demand.
- Deals with customer enquiries, ranging from product questions to customer account activities.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Fais Accredited Qualification
- Post-matric qualification (Diploma/Degree) – NQF 5 and Above
- 1-2 years Personal and Business Banking
How to Apply