Would you like to join an energetic young team? J&J Rewards is a fast growing wholesale importer and brand distributor that specializes in the import of exciting new products and the distribution of fun brands to a wide variety of online and traditional retailers in South Africa.
We are looking for a sourcing assistant to help us keep our ever-growing customer base stocked with the latest and greatest products the world has to offer (affordably).
· Very strong willingness to learn
· Fully proficient in English (both written and verbal)
· Highly in-tune with the latest product- and consumer trends
· A keen eye for the next best thing
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong written communication
· Neat and organized
· Deadline driven
· Team player
· Comfortable working with Excel sheets
· Any image-editing skills will be a plus
· Identify the latest, top-selling products from around the world by exploring websites, blogs, magazines, social media, trade show reports and frequent chats with our agents and suppliers
· Assist with costing calculations to determine their viability in the South African market (we’ll show you the ropes)
· Maintain and expand our supplier database
· Manage and evaluate sample orders
· Liase with agents for quality control and price negotiations
· Assist our procurement department with forecasts
· Assist sales on sourcing projects to meet specific client requirements
Benefits of the role
Working at J&J will be exciting for any young student or graduate who wants to learn the inner workings of a start-up. You will be working directly with the managers and the directors of the company; allowing you to gain in debth knowledge and understanding about the in’s and out’s of the company and industry.
With any small company, there’s also a lot of room for potential growth as the company expands and adopts over time. Also, we have free coffee and a warehouse full of awesome stuff at staff discount 😛
Entry level salary, subject to experience.
Please email CV and a small motivation letter with which product you believe will be the next big trend in SA. Applications will not be considered without the motivational letter.