IQbusiness South Africa
What better way to kick start your career with IQbusiness, the leading independent management consulting firm in South Africa.
Our 12-month internship programme is designed to allow graduates who are passionate about software development to hone their abilities and garner valuable experience, by exposing them to the workplace and letting them work on a variety of projects.
We believe and follow strong Agile practices and DevOps principles. We foster a solid culture of learning, mentoring and knowledge sharing. The successful candidates will be able to build high-quality, innovative, and fully performing software in compliance with best practice coding standards, current technology stack and technical design.
We will support your growth and learning with experience, exposure, and education.
- Completed Matric
- Preferably BSc Degree in Computer Science from a Recognised University or similar qualification
- Ability to adhere to coding Standards
- Knowledge of industry coding standards / guidelines
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The day-to-day activities of Software Development consultants are often complex and will vary depending on the client and type of project. You may work alone on some projects, while others will involve a large team and could be based in one location or across various sites
- Exposure to various Consultant role types include:
- Technical roles – the roles involved in applying combined functional and industry expertise applied to core concepts, tools, approaches and methodologies
- Project roles – this involves the design and delivery of client solutions. Here you will perform assigned work activities in terms of clearly defined work plans under close supervision
- Client facing roles – the role involved in delivering on business solutions already sold
- Internal roles – working on internal projects and strategic initiatives
- Generic roles – working across functional area.
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral, facilitation
- Ability to conduct presentations
- Leadership Skills – strategic thinker, people management
- Be a creative and analytical thinker
- Be highly driven and able to self-manage in a fast-paced environment
- Build rapport and develop effective working relationships with clients
- Be resilient in dealing with resistance to change
Our next internship programme will run from January 2021 to January 2022.
Equal Employment Opportunity
IQbusiness is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity
Please note: As all IQbusiness roles require honesty in the handling of or access to cash, finances, financial systems or confidential information; our recruitment process requires that the following background checks be completed: credit, criminal, ID and qualification verification