Sheet Street, a trading division of the Mr Price Group is looking for an experienced and passionate Merchandise Planner.
Reporting into a Planning Manager, you will be required to strategize, plan and execute a balanced profitable assortment in collaboration with the buyer, based on historical, trend and customer/store analysis in line with the Company’s strategy.
This role requires a Planner who enjoys developing a strong understanding of our product and our customer. You will use this knowledge to partner closely with your Buyer to ensure the department attains maximum profitability.
- Assist in the development of the planning strategy and imperatives for the new financial year and ensure the communication and implementation thereof.
- Analyse past seasons performance against plan to determine proposed strategy.
- Ensure that all budgets are met as agreed in respect of sales, PMO, markdowns, gross profit, stock levels and stock turn and in accordance with seasonal strategy.
- Plan sales, markdowns, inputs and stock levels by sub category by week based on post-seasonal analysis, trend info and comp shop SWOT analysis to roll up to company strategic budget.
- Analyse, prepare and report on performance with action recommendations to merchandise management weekly.
- Ensure orders are placed timeously and in line with agreed plan down to assortment criteria.
- Collaborate with allocators and location planners to ensure that stock is allocated appropriately.
- Prepare supporting information as prescribed to be presented along with product for reviews.
The minimum requirements for this Career opportunity are:
- A relevant tertiary qualification – BCOM Finance, Accounts, Supply Chain, Economics, Commerce.
- 3 years + of relevant Merchandise Planning / Retail Planning experience.
- Homeware experience advantageous.
To be the most shopped homeware retailer, renowned for exceptional value, by providing wanted & affordable homeware of acceptable quality.
Passion, value and partnership. If you believe in these core values, we believe you’re a perfect match for the Mr Price Group.
Mr Price Group is a high growth, Omni-channel, fashion- value retailer.
Sheet Street is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.
Mr Price Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity