To steer News24’s political coverage in conjunction with the political team and senior editors. A senior political reporter who is well-versed in the political dynamics of South Africa and will set the agenda with his/her reportage and analysis of the political landscape.
– At least five years’ experience of working as a journalist in South Africa;
– A relevant tertiary qualification;
– Proven portfolio of political reportage that sets the agenda;
– Solid experience of digital platforms and passion for working in an online environment.
Skills & Competencies
The ideal candidate has an excellent knowledge and understanding of the South African political landscape and a proven network of sources. The successful candidate has proven that he/she can analyse and interpret political events at high speed and has a passion for telling stories on digital platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities
– Generate exclusive political stories and interviews for News24 on a weekly basis;
– Cooperate with the politics team and news editors in setting the political agenda;
– Initiate ideas for political investigations and analysis on a regular basis;
– Report on political events and regularly write opinion and analysis pieces for News24.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.