Surgo HR & Training
• Start-up culture with relaxed dress, flexible working hours (with late starting at 10am) and an energising vibe but with the comfort of knowing the company has been around 12+ years
• Focus on innovation
• Working with big international customer names
• Ability to travel to the UK and US amongst other countries
• Entry into the Payments market which is in high demand and well paid
• Windows Operating System
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Must hold at least a bachelors degree in Computer Science (or equivalent discipline) from a recognised tertiary institution
• Equivalent experience will be considered but is not preferred
• Minimum 5 years relevant Java development experience, 10 years preferred
• Experience in the Fin Tech industry preferred
Growth and Reporting Line
• Provided the opportunity to grow into a Lead Developer
• Reports directly into the CEO
• Manage a team of four junior developers
• Work on existing Java-based products – fixing bugs, working on new features and helping customers with issues
• Design and develop new products
• Design and develop plug-ins for Java-based payments software
• Oversee the work of more junior developers in his or her team, act as Supervisor
• Perform internal testing at all levels
• Overall responsibility for ensuring requirements are traceable throughout the project
• Support customer testing of delivered software
• Write technical and non-technical documentation Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 201668 subject heading or email body.
Please note that due to the high volume of CV’s received; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Should you not receive communication from our offices within two weeks of submission please note that your application will not be considered for this position.
We will keep your CV on file and re-establish contact with you should opportunities in line with your expertise become available again.
Should you require any additional information give us a call on 021 012 5566.
Job Reference #: 201668