V3 Consulting - Engineering Consultancy
- Currently registered with ECSA as a Professional Engineer
- At least 8 years’ experience post academic qualification with Built-Infrastructure (municipal experience)
- BEng (Civil) or BSc (Civil) Engineering Degree
- Driver’s Licence
- South African citizenship
Candidate to provide copies of all qualifications as listed above
Technicians or technologists who do not meet the Essential Requirements need not apply
Preferable / Beneficial
- Another post graduate qualification (Engineering)
- Membership to other relevant professional bodies
- Previous municipal / consulting engineering work experience in Gauteng
Software skills requirement
- Proficient in Autodesk AutoCAD and / or Knowledge Base AllyCAD
- Proficient in Autodesk Civil 3D and/or Knowledge Base Civil Designer
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Proficiency in hydraulic modelling (EPANET / other) and stormwater / Flood modelling (HEC-RAS / other) experience beneficial
- Programming and data mining skills beneficial
- Municipal Infrastructure Services Development Design, Construction Monitoring and Contract Administration experience with a focus on successful delivery of municipal infrastructure. The required skill set focus is on civil engineering services delivery (water, sanitation, stormwater, minor roads / car parks and earthworks) in support of buildings (new & alterations), larger bulk and reticulation water and sanitation projects and recreational park / private estate
- Beneficial but not essential are also considerable experience in other civil engineering sub-disciplines including national roads, structures (residential, educational / health, industrial, office and water utility structures), geotechnical, hydrology / flood management, asset management and solid waste management.
- Tendering and contract administration experience essential
- Beneficial are experience in water and sanitation master planning, groundwater developments and treatment, water demand management and re-use
- Site experience essential as Resident Engineer / Employer’s Representative / Assistant capacity
- Private sector infrastructure development and business development experience beneficial
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for independently leading and delivering municipal and/or private sector infrastructure projects from inception stage, through feasibility, design, construction (contract administration) up to and including close-out
- Applying the principles of civil engineering to solve complex engineering challenges using knowledge, innovation and experience with aim of Client satisfaction.
- Effectively working with multi-disciplinary engineering teams to deliver municipal and private infrastructure developments.
- Collaborating internally with the Structural Engineering department, Transport Division and Management Services Division to deliver infrastructure projects from inception to close-out as appropriate.
- Financial control and time management in strict adherence to project budgets
- Tendering for new work on a part-time basis
- Client satisfaction and new business development
- Acting with integrity, due diligence and care at all time and upholding ECSA’s code of ethics
- Managing small engineering teams consisting of CAD Operators, technicians, technologists and engineers as appropriate / subject to project requirements.
- Mentoring junior engineers / technologists / technicians / CAD operators as and when required
- Participating in strategic planning and business development initiatives in conjunction with the Regional Manager and Divisional Director
- Maintaining Continued Professional Development and staying abreast of new developments
- Reporting to the Regional Manager and / or Divisional Director Built-Environment Infrastructure
V3 Consulting Engineers reserve the right not to make an appointment