Datafin IT Recruitment
Duties & Responsibilities
A forward-thinking Software Solutions provider seeks the expertise of a highly analytical Senior Data Engineer who will play a key hands-on role in building data pipelines. You will require a Degree in Computer Science or related field, 5+ years’ experience in a similar role, be familiar with the Big Data Suite, understand database architecture, have worked with Hadoop – MapReduce, Hive, Pig, SQL – PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL, NoSQL – Cassandra, MongoDB, MATLAB, SAS, R, Spark, Jenkins, TeamCity. If you enjoy or have a keen interest in working in a pair-programming environment, then apply now. Please note this is a 6-Month Contract & fully remote.
- Relevant Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ Years of Data Engineering experience in a variety of tools and programming languages.
- Data processing and management experience.
- Familiar with the Big Data Suite.
- Strong statistical analysis and modelling.
- Understanding of database architecture.
- Experience in working with Hadoop-based technologies (e.g. MapReduce, Hive and Pig).
- Worked with SQL-based technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL and MySQL, MSSQL).
- NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra and MongoDB).
- Data Modeling experience.
- Experience in working with either MATLAB, SAS, R, Spark etc.
- Some experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity etc).
- Some experience with test automation and tools.
- Interfacing directly with clients and collaborate with Data Scientists on engagements.
- Ability to travel to work and client offices.
- Experience pairing programming and agile methodologies.
- Working directly with clients, leading projects, and mentoring engineers.
- Experience in scripting and programming languages (Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Golang, etc.).
- Extensive experience working with server virtualisation (AWS, Azure, GCE, Digital Ocean, OpenStack, CloudStack, CloudFoundry, etc.).
- Proficiency in Linux and Windows systems (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.).
- Strong communication skills.
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems.
- An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done.
- You should love working with software development teams releasing production-ready software daily.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [email protected] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com. Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.