https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png 0 0 Gover https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png Gover2020-09-21 22:27:352020-09-21 22:27:35Scaw South Africa (Pty) Ltd: Electrical Distribution Electrician
Scaw South Africa (Pty) Ltd
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Adhere to, and execute departmental administration systems
- Carryout instructions; diligently; as given by management in related areas of responsibility.
- Electrical maintenance, electrical design and electrical project work on LV and MV.
- Upgrade outdated or discontinued electrical systems.
- Troubleshooting of Electrical systems LV and MV
- Making improvement suggestions and driving technology migration and upgrades.
- Carry out smallmedium scale Electrical modifications in the plant.
- Perform periodic plant and departmental inspections on the Electrical equipment as well as carryout assigned departmental safety inspections.
- Participate in the department’s Safety improvement programs.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement initiatives and campaigns.
- Standby duties and attend to breakdown callouts and overtime work when required.
- Be able to do MV cable joints and terminations
- Standby, overtime when required
- Switching and isolation of LV & MV switchgear
Critical Skills & Competencies:
- Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering.
- Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering LV and MV circuits design, maintenance and analysis.
- Basic fundamentals of Process instrumentation and Control systems circuits.
- Basic PLC functionality
- AC / DC Drive and motor application.
- Industrial Electrical Equipment in LV and MV design and integration.
- Design, analysis and interpretation of Electrical drawings LV and MV
- Interpret P&ID diagrams, MV line diagrams and related electrical drawings and manuals, and modify when necessary.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of Electrical Equipment LV and MV using applicable drawings, manuals and diagrams.
- Selfmanaging work team member.
- Punctual and selfdisciplined.
- Consistent Safety compliant workmanship.
- Consistent Quality workmanship.
- On time bottomline delivery driver.
- Matric (Grade 12)
- National Electrical Certificate N3 (minimum)
- Electrical trade
- Wiremen’s licence
- MV Course
- Min 510 years working experience in a relevant field of Electrical equipment LV and MV. (LV= 0 to 1000V, MV = 1001 to 44000 V)