The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) is looking for productive and talented postgraduates to join its one-year programme in January 2021.
During the programme graduates will attend various learning interventions at the SARB Academy for approximately 40 days. Interventions are mainly central-banking specific and are aimed to produce well-rounded central bankers. In addition personal and professional skills such as presentation, impactful reporting, business disciplines, teamwork, personal excellence and etiquette, among others, are also part of the holistic programme.
Graduates will work and learn at the SARB Head Office in Pretoria from January to December 2021. During the year, they will be assigned to different departments within the SARB and exposed to various roles and projects. Requirements
To be considered for this programme, candidates must:
- have completed a postgraduate degree;
- have attained an average of over 65% in your final year;
- have a strong desire to work in financial services and/or policy making institution
- have a proven track record of academic excellence;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- be a South African citizen; and
- be curious and keen learner.
The SARB will consider postgraduate students with capability in at least one of the following Postgraduate Degree:
- Policy analysis
- Public finance
- Financial management
- Information technology
- Portfolio or investment management
- Quantitative analysis
- Risk management