South African Police Service
Job Title: Mechanical Artisan
Location: Gauteng, Free State, KZN and Northern Cape
Closing Date: 07 September 2020
South African Police Service (SAPS) invites unemployed youth to apply for the 2021 Mechanical Artisan Programme. Applicants must display competency in the post-specific functions of the post.
- Perform quality and cost effective repairs ans maintenance of SAPS vehicles
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment
- Assist to diagnose, strip and determine the parts required for services and repairs
- Complete parts request list for the parts required per vehicle
- Complete job cars with regards to work done and actual time taken
- Ensure safe keeping of tools and equipment
- Mentor apprentices under supervision
- Comply with the Occupational Health & Safety Act (Act 83 of 1995)
- Be a South African citizen
- Be fluent in at least two official languages, of which one must be English
- Be in possession of a valid motor vehicle driver’s license
- Must have no previous convictions or cases pending
- Must not have visible tatoo/s when wearing summer uniform (Police Act posts)
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting which will include security screening and fingerprint verification
Additional post requirements:
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
- Experience as an Apprentice will be an advantage
How to Apply
References: SCM61/2020 (Sasolburg)
References: SCM62/2020 (Thaba Nchu)
References: SCM60/2020 (Marianhill)
References: SCM63/2020 (Upington)
Email Applications to:
Applications Posted to: The Divisional Commissioner: SCM, Human Resources Management, Private Bag X254, Pretoria, 0001 (For Attention Captain Rivombo)
Applications hand delivered to; The Divisional Commissioner: SCM, 117 Cresswell Road (cnr Cresswell and Pretoria Road), Silverton, Pretoria (Main entrance to A-Block)
- Only the official application form (Download Here). The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A comprehensive CV must be submitted together with the application form.
- Copies of an applicant’s ID, Driver’s license, all educational qualifications obtained together with academic records thereof and service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation, must also be submitted and attached to every applications.
- Qualifications and driver’s licenses will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institution.
- The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks.
- Persons who retired from the Public Service by taking severance package, early retirement or for medical reasons, as well as persons with previous convictions, are excluded. Persons who retired due to medical reasons may however be considered if they provide recent and conclusive proof of recovery.
Enquiries: Captain Rivombo Tel No:0128417123 or PPO Skosana Tel No: 0128417179