Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia.
Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centered on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper. We’re about people. People drive our business so it follows that we want to recruit the best people possible whether they work for us permanently or for a short time as temporary employees.
A position has become available for a Motor Theft Desktop Assessor and will be based in the Motor Claims department at the Auckland Park offices.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
The purpose of this position is to determine the quantum and merit of segmented motor claims by performing investigations, verifying the description of the event with the loss, negotiating with (client, intermediary, and service providers) and settlement of claims within a delegated threshold and according to contract conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Quote and assess damage against a provided or requested quotation.
- Decide whether to replace/ repair part/ use aftermarket spares when warranty has expired.
- Refer to expert if required.
- Generate claims report and communicate the outcome with client and intermediary.
- Determine market value of vehicle for settlement (valuation).
- Determine outstanding finance details, release settlements and documents to salvage inventory.
- Authorise for repair, cash, replace or write-off.
- Complete investigative report.
- Make notes on systems, process claims and upload documents.
- Required to load the order amendments.
- Responsible to sign off the final quantum (FRC).
- Responsible for posting claims to care.
- Handle complaints, queries and interaction with clients, intermediaries, service providers, internal stakeholders’ relationship managers, claims committee and options from underwriters.
- Accountable to handle for the following claim types:
- Driveable non-structural repairs (DNSR)
- Limited repair on minor structural damage
- Limited ASR (outer weld on panels) k
- Radio equipment and locks
- Accessories, tyres, rims
- Screening of merits
- Moderate claims from more than R15 000 to R35 000
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Matric / Grade 12
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Mechanical related studies or Automotive/ equivalent Mechanical or Automotive Body Repair Qualification (e.g. Qualified Panel Beater, Diesel Mechanic, etc.)
- 3 years’ experience in motor assessing
- Technical skills obtained through training and courses in Heavy Haulage would be advantageous.
Attained product training in the following areas:
- Motor modules for PL, C/L and Agri
- Specialised motor product C/L and Agri
- Principle of insurance
- Technical skills obtained through training and courses in the following areas:
- Introduction to motor
- Claims handling procedure
- VDQ qualification
System training on the following:
- Online systems
- Audatex and Abuntex
- Photo viewer
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Telephonic, negotiation and conflict handling skills
- Basic business ethics and financial principles related to claims
- Time management
- Change management
- Information seeking
- Client focus
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Analytical thinking
Package & Remuneration
At Santam we are committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society. In achieving our employment equity goals we give preference to applicants from the designated groups in alignment with the Divisions Employment Equity targets.