Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia.
Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centered on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper. We’re about people. People drive our business so it follows that we want to recruit the best people possible whether they work for us permanently or for a short time as temporary employees.
At Santam we are committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society. In achieving our employment equity goals we give preference to applicants from the designated groups in alignment with the Divisions Employment Equity targets.
This career opportunity is available at Santam Direct for the Client Engagement Department; the successful incumbent will be based in Bellville.
The Client Service Consultant will offer world class products and services to clients, whilst achieving targets related to quality, productivity and compliments in a call center environment.
Key Performance Areas
- Accurately capture client information on the relevant system.
- Execute client requests within the agreed timeframes, quality standards and legislation.
- Handle all the administrative tasks according to agreed standards and turnaround times.
- Engage with client in a client centricity manner.
- Ensuring accurate completion client requests and follows up to ensure queries are resolved timeously, as per service level agreement.
- Providing effective, efficient and professional service to all our clients and offices, both telephonically and through written correspondence.
- Ensuring client service level agreements are met and exceeded.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Consistent achievement of agreed productivity.
- Grade 12/ Matric
- NQF Level 4 Qualification in Short Term Insurance
- Regulatory Exam (RE 5)
- Experience in short term insurance
- Willing to work shifts as well as overtime
- Compliance with FAIS Fit and Proper criteria i.e. minimum experience and competency requirements, which can be obtained while working under supervision.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Strong client service orientation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated and comfortable in taking initiative
- Ability to work independently
- Drives results
- Client focus
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Cultivates innovation
- Analytical thinking
- Influencing/ gaining commitment
Package & Remuneration
Salary: Market Related