SAN Sales Manager – DurbanX3
Who are we?
Sanlam Developing Markets (SDM) (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sanlam Life Limited) is one of the top financial services providers in the South African entry-level and emerging middle market. It aims to understand the unique requirements of clients and offers a wide range of simple and affordable financial solutions that cover needs such as funeral insurance, savings for education, life cover and personal accident plans. In terms of the Sanlam Group Governance Policy, SDM is managed by the SA Retail Mass cluster, which is part of the Sanlam Life and Savings cluster within the Sanlam Group. There are four businesses within the SA Retail Mass cluster, namely; Group Benefits, Individual Life, Safrican Insurance and African Rainbow Life.
What will you do?
- Responsible for Sanlam Adviser Network distribution strategy of products within a franchise.
Responsible for local marketing in key accounts and key account allocation.
Responsible for external networking & relationship building with key door openers.
Ensure compliance to process & procedures to minimise business risk.
Ensure delivery of customer value proposition.
Recruit, coach and retain advisers.
Activity management of advisers and ensuring advisers have sufficient appointments in and around allocated key accounts.
Prospecting for Representatives.
Production management on a daily basis concentrating on quality and quantity.
Qualification & experience
Grade 12/NQF 4 equivalent qualification.
FAIS Representative Regulatory Exam Level 5 passed.
120 FAIS related credit
Minimum 1 year managerial experience in overseeing the rendering of financial advice to fulfil the duties of a compliant key individual and be registered with the Financial Services Board (FSB).
Class of business (COB):
Should the candidate have been deemed Fit and Proper for Tier 1 by 01 April 2018, the candidate is then deemed competent for Class of Business. All applicants that were still under supervision for any competency requirement pre or post 01 April 2018 will be required to have obtained Class of Business prior to appointment. If a potential candidate has not completed Class of Business they are still deemed to be under supervision and cannot be appointed as a Sales Manager.
Knowledge and skills
- At least 2 years sales experience of which at least 1 year must be within the financial services industry (Cat B1/Cat B2/Retail Pensions)
- A minimum of one year management experience
- Where the appointment is an internal appointment, past performance must be checked to ensure that all company criteria was met.
- Good leadership skills.
- Entrepreneurial with good business acumen.
- Strong action orientation
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Initiative and innovativeness.
- Planning and organizing.
- Achievement orientation.
- Negotiation skills.
- Coaching and enabling skills
Why Sanlam Adviser Network?
- At Sanlam Adviser network, we strive to give each and every person the opportunity to be recognised, respected and rewarded for what they are worth, this is how we attract and retain the very best talent.
- We provide a competitive remuneration structure (with basic salary plus commission), allowances, a competitive overrider structure, the ability to earn from business written in a key account/worksite and incentives to motivate you to achieve your career and financial goals.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Closing date: 10 November 2020
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.