About the Job
The Provincial Lead will have vast experience within the HIV prevention space particularly in Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision within South Africa. The incumbent must be an experienced-dynamic individual who will work closely with and manage a diverse team towards the delivery of organisational and funder objectives. This position is an 80% position with travel and field interaction.
· Formulating a detailed implementation plan for each district in his/ her jurisdiction and consolidate these into one provincial plan in collaboration with PDOH to guide service delivery, demand creation, training, quality assurance, logistics and other aspects of the VMMC program
· Working closely with the Program manager to develop the budgets for each implementation year and requesting for funds for all district activities
· Managing staff leave by developing and monitoring an annual leave schedule for subordinates to avoid service disruption
· Guiding and supporting teams on all services delivery components in accordance with NDOH, PSI and Donor expectations
· Liaising with the Quality Assurance Manager, Provincial QA officer, Provincial and District Department of Health to identify needs and follows up on findings on Quality assessments conducted in the province
· Guiding teams to timeously order commodities from a supply chain partner to avoid stock outs and ensure uninterrupted VMMC services
· Reviewing and actioning demand creation and service delivery data on daily, weekly and monthly basis
· Compiling and submitting comprehensive and statistically accurate weekly and monthly update reports to the National VMMC Program Manager
· Continuously engaging with Provincial, and District DOH Management including service delivery teams and other stakeholders towards the scale-up of VMMC services
· At Minimum, a relevant post graduate qualification in Public Health and/or Social Sciences, Developmental Studies
· More than 3 years’ direct experience in implementing large scale donor funded projects including managing and supervising diverse teams
· Experience in conducting a research studies including the entire evaluation cycle, from design and formulation to implementation, analysis and presentation of results and recommendations
· Minimum 3 years’ experience within HIV funded environment
· More than 3 years’ experience of project management or general management experience
· More than 3 years’ experience in MMC service delivery including the monitoring and evaluation and Quality assurance elements of delivering large scale programs
· Valid Driver’s License and own vehicle
· Computer literate in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Demonstrated experience in the delivery of MMC programs
· Demonstrated experience managing large scale funded programs and managing teams
· Stakeholder engagement and ability to effectively and accurate draft reports for internal and external reporting
The successful incumbent must be a South African or Permanent Resident.
This is a one-year contract, renewable subject to performance and funding.