PROFESSIONAL NURSE (LEVEL 3), C UPPER: SERITI COAL, NEW DENMARK COLLIERY, MPUMALANGA
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
The role is responsible to provide primary care and occupational health support to employees and to maintain occupational health standards.
Conduct physical examinations on patients
- Completion of relevant documentation, including the interview questionnaire
- Vital signs taken and full physical examination conducted
- Collect relevant samples for required tests to be done
- Make the necessary recommendations and referrals
Effective patient care:
- Ensure the patients comply with chronic medication when she/he conducts certificate of fitness and primary health care consultations
Administer an effective VCT/ART programme:
- To conduct VCT during certificate of fitness examination, primary health care consultations and at business units as per need
- Monitor patients on ART programme
Provision of effective emergency medical services
Effective supervision and coaching of staff
You will need:
- Comprehensive Nursing Diploma and a Diploma in Occupational Health Nursing (NQF Level 7)
- Registered with SANC as Occupational Health Nurse
- Dispensing License
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an occupational health setting
- Knowledge of nursing processes, procedures and techniques, health care policies, standards and guidelines
- Understanding of safety management, behavioural safety and risk management framework, procedures and systems
- Good understanding of the related health care policies & procedures and abreast of current medical standards and trends
- Basic knowledge of Mine Health & Safety Act and Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good report writing skills
- Good people management and organisational skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Valid K53 Driver’s License
- In possession of a Certificate of Fitness or be able to obtain it
- Degree Nursing or B. Tech Occupational Health Nursing
- Emergency Care Certificate in Basic Life Support
- Knowledge of ARV
- Knowledge of TB management
- Experience within the mining industry
Ref No: NDC084/20GS
Closing date: 08 September 2020
A CV must be accompanied with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of relevant qualifications, together with ID document & valid driver’s license.
Appointments will be made in line with Employment Equity targets.
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful.
Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only.