https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png 0 0 Gover https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png Gover2020-10-09 20:07:312020-10-09 20:07:31Production Supervisor Needed
Minimum requirements for the role:
- A Trade qualification as an Electrician or Millwright or Fitter is essential.
- Must be prepared to work shift as well as live within 30km of the factory and have a driver’s licence and own vehicle.
- Must have Plastic Packaging Manufacturing experience.
- Compression moulding experience on SACMI compression moulders is preferred
- Previous experience at Supervision or Managerial level in a high-speed manufacturing environment is essential, as well as have managed a team of at least 20 people.
- Must have an excellent understanding of the impact of scrap, efficiencies and leadership on output and cost.
- Must have a very good understanding of disciplinary processes and leading and mentoring non-performers
- Must have strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and resolve capacity constraints are essential.
- Must have the ability to motivate people and handle pressure well.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office with the ability to learn and operate production planning or company operating software is essential.
- Ability to work with Management, Administration, Sales and Factory workers is essential.
- Sound ability to communicate effectively across all levels is essential.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Observing and evaluating workers and work procedures in order to ensure quality standards and service.
- Assigning responsibilities and work stations to employees in accordance with work requirements.
- Complying with all company policies and procedures.
- Assisting the team with process setting, mould changes and maintenance.
- Providing manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting and analysing production performance records and data.
- Resolving personnel problems by analysing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions and recommending corrective action.
- Maintaining housekeeping of the factory at all times and supervising end of shift cleaning.
- Ensuring operation of equipment by arranging repairs and evaluating new equipment and processes