https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png 0 0 Gover https://za.jobs-vacancies.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Jobs-VacanciesNet-300x157.png Gover2020-09-13 15:41:332020-09-13 15:41:33Pro Development Group: Exports Controller – Sea Freight
Pro Development Group
Duties & Responsibilities
Our client a leading organization with an International presence is seeking an Exports Controller within their Sea Freight Exports Department to join their team in Durban.
Key Responsibilities Area
- Day to day Operations
- Arranging for Customs exams and follow ups.
- Arranging extended releases.
- Arranging/Applying for Certificates (EUR1/COO/GSP/CNCA/ISF Filing)
- Ensuring Navis is updated.
- Preparing/sending clients status reports.
- Capturing and arranging B/L and SI – Error Free
- Invoicing within parameters (KPI).
- Assist with Estimates when required.
- Updating all mile stones real time
- Financial Controls
- Invoicing of Exports files within given parameters.
- Invoicing must be 100% correct.
- Managing of costs and negotiating of rates so that maximum profit is made with no losses.
- Management of WIP and ACCRLS daily.
- Timeous action to reports(WIPS/ACCRLS)
- Accrue correctly, not to incur out of transaction losses
- Confirm all charges on the Estimate are correct before proceeding to expedite shipment.
- Manage Customer Relationship
- Liaise with Customers (Internal and External) with regular updates/status.
- Receive orders from client/customer. Acknowledge receipt and generate status report.
- Update clients (internal/external) and keep them informed.
- Send status report with all details of shipment as it progresses.
- Facilitate and ensure effective Process management
- Receive orders from shipper/CS. Get documents from client/CS.
- Obtain vessel schedule and advise shipper accordingly.
- Make contact with agent/consignee to get pre-approval of shipment.
- Once shipper advises cargo ready date and which vessel they would like to book on.
- Make booking with shipping line.
- Register files on Cargowise
- Arrange for the necessary pre approvals from relative authorities prior to container stuffing.
- Entries to be framed and processed before container stuffing(LCL) and before placing into stacks (FCL)
- Send transporter instructions(pre stack date)
- Set provisional packing date until stacks firm.
- Monitor Free time IRO Demurrage
- Notify transporter of provisional details.
- Request for VGM Certificate – Method 1 or 2.
- Pre-advise container/s.
- Check stack dates daily and advise shipper accordingly.
- Once stacks firm, set firm packing date.
- Draft shipping instruction and send to shipping line.
- Send MBL and HBL for checking either to shipper or agent/consignee to make sure details are acceptable, avoid manifest corrector fees.
- Arrange for placing and packing of cargo.
- Frame/process CDO.
- Once vessel sails, inform shipper/consignee or agent.
- Once shipping line invoice id received pay shipping line charges and collect MBL.
- Compile documents and send pre-alert to agent/consignee.(Conform to KPI)
- Invoice file.(Conform to KPI)
- Courier originals if required.
- Close file.
- Monitor and update milestones once cargo is discharged or delivered.
- Quality management
- Check and double check to make sure that no errors are made.
- Provide excellent service to customers.
- Not to process Credit Notes and Supplementary invoices.
- Get it right the first time.
- Risk Management
- Ensure errors are minimized.
- Ensure correspondence is in writing and recorded and processes and followed correctly.
- Correspondence to be stored on CW
- Comply with SOP and processes.
- Meet KPI – 100%
- Handle Export files from beginning to completion.
- Booking of cargo/containers and monitoring of stack dates and updating Cargo Wise.
- Registration Export (Cargo Wise)
- Monitoring of pick up dates and updating Cargo Wise
- Monitoring of pack dates and updating Cargo Wise
- Monitoring vessel discharge date and updating Cargo Wise
- IF DAP/DDP final delivery date must be updated on Cargo Wise
- Framing of Entries in conformance with the Customs and Excise act 91 of 1964.
Knowledge & Experience
- Grade 12
- A minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in Sea Freight exports
- Tertiary education in Logistics will be a benefit.
- Breakbulk and project cargo experience
- Knowledge of customs processes, Knowledge of Cargo wise an advantage.
- Strategic thinking skills
- Ability to Prioritise
- Good decision making skills
- Work Independently and work in a team
- Good communication skills.
- Time management
- Maintain and build strong client relationships
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail, maintaining stable performance under pressure
Desired Experience & Qualification
Exports, Controller, Sea, Freight, Exports Controller, Sea Freight, Operations, Execution, Financial Controls, Customer Relations, Quality Management, Risk Management, Breakbulk, Project cargo, Cargo Wise
Package & Remuneration