KEY PERFOMANCE INDICATORS:
- Conduct research, development, and innovation (RDI) activities to design and commercialize new equipment and technology for the minerals processing industry, with a focus on flotation, physical separation, and comminution processes.
- Conduct appraisal and suitability testing of new equipment and technology to improve the rate of transfer of new technology to the industry.
- Oversee the construction, commissioning, and operation of pilot plants.
- Co-ordinate, supervise and execute several major service/research projects simultaneously in which interactions with clients and technical expertise are required at an advanced professional level.
- Provide clients with consulting services and training at an advanced professional level of technical expertise.
- Ascertain needs of clients, develop appropriate new ideas for project work, and contribute significantly to divisional plans for technology and business.
- Ensure the completion of projects and tasks on time.
- Participate in the setting of commercial targets.
- As chief investigator of several major projects, meet requirements in relation to cost containment and profits.
- Supervise and provide mentorship and training to staff who interact with the position.
- Ensure that the documentation of work and procedures is done and produce advanced professional level reports, papers and presentations at national and international conferences.
- Write Scientific Papers on credible international journals. Keep up to date with technology and business at an advanced professional level.
- Provide technical and practical guidance in the execution of experiments and operation of pilot plants.
- Ensure that QES procedures are followed and project work is executed to produce valid conclusions and with maximum overall efficiency – technically and financially.
- Assist Head/Divisional manager to obtain project work from the mining/ metallurgical industry.
QUALIFICATION AND JOB KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A minimum of MSc Eng qualification (Chemical or Metallurgical) is required. PhD will be ideal.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Comminution, Physical Separation or Flotation required
- Hands on experience in minerals processing.
- Experience in laboratory and pilot plant research and development projects.
- Team player who enjoys variety of roles and has a passion for minerals processing.
- An affinity for planning and conducting new and innovative projects is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to cope in a stressful and demanding environment.
- Willing to travel locally and internationally.
SALARY PACKAGE: NEGOTIABLE
CLOSING DATE: 9 NOVEMBER 2020
Please apply via the Mintek website at http://www.mintek.co.za
Should you not hear from us within one (1) month of the closing date, consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Mintek is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, whose aim is to promote representivity in all levels of occupational categories.