Grain Field Chickens, a subsidiary of VKB Agriculture (PTY)Ltd, is a dynamic role player in the integrated broiler industry with an abattoir in Reitz in the North Eastern Free State. We offer you the opportunity to establish yourself within a professional, corporate environment in the countryside.
Responsible for inspecting the quality of carcasses on the line.
- Grade 12 or NQF Level 4 equivalent.
- A valid and approved PME Certificate.
- Proven PME experience will be advantageous.
- Mathematics/ Maths literacy as a subject desired.
- Strong mathematical skills – this will be tested during the interview.
- Must be able to work in a high-pressured environment.
- A clear criminal record.
- A willingness to work shifts and overtime, incl. on weekends and public holidays when required.
Duties and responsibilities
- Do not let product through that does not comply with the Meat Safety Act.
- Prevent losses by ensuring product is not turned down unnecessarily.
- Depending on the classification/ damage, either remove the carcass or partially condemn the carcass.
- Ensure recovery of portions at the recovery station according to specifications.
- Follow health and safety standards at all times, as per GFC Standards and the Meat Safety Act.
- Attention to detail – Achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved.
- Report all variances to the head of department.
- To liaise with internal departments on an ongoing basis to ensure quality service and products.
- To complete all compulsory training interventions allocated by direct manager successfully.
- Good communication skills.
- Accurate and attention to detail.
- Good reporting skills.
- Good planning skills.
- Strong administration skills.
- Team player.
The company can expire jobs at any time at our own discretion. Should you not have received a response within 4 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
VKB Group and/or its subsidiary companies will use any personal data collected through the job opportunities section of this website for recruitment purposes only and, should your application be successful, for purposes connected with your employment.
VKB Group is an equal opportunity employer. VKB Group’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to VKB Group’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. VKB Group actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
Things to take note of when applying through our Career Portal.
Use Google Chrome when accessing the portal
Clear copy of your CV in either PDF or Word
The CV should not have handwriting on the document
NB! Only Submit your CV on the Upload CV section of the application form and not a PDF that includes other documents such as ID, Driver’s License and other documents. The application form will make provision for the candidate to upload supporting documents.
When uploading profile picture, make sure the minimum size uploaded is 300 x 300px