Portfolio Manager – Houghton/Polokwane
Who are we?
Sanlam Developing Markets (SDM) (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sanlam Life Limited) is one of the top financial services providers in the South African entry-level and emerging middle market. It aims to understand the unique requirements of clients and offers a wide range of simple and affordable financial solutions that cover needs such as funeral insurance, savings for education, life cover and personal accident plans. In terms of the Sanlam Group Governance Policy, SDM is managed by the SA Retail Mass cluster, which is part of the Sanlam Life and Savings cluster within the Sanlam Group. There are four businesses within the SA Retail Mass cluster, namely; Group Benefits, Individual Life, Safrican Insurance and African Rainbow Life.
What will you do?
- Manage sales and service delivery through a team of Franchise Partners within your portfolio from month to month.
- Assist Franchise Partners with the management of recruiting, vesting and retaining advisers and sales managers.
- Drive operational excellence through area of supervision
- Hold Franchise Partners accountable for managerial/supervision work, including selection, performance management and talent management of Sanlam mandated advisers.
- Identify and recruit successful Franchises on behalf of Sanlam Adviser Network Channel – must have a strong inner marketing and sales drive.
- Manage the current Franchise Partners for success – need to be very assertive in management style with strong focus on relationship building – must be able to work with people
- Manage performance of Franchise Partners, Sales Teams and Advisers
- Ability to manage in an environment of little structure and much ambiguity (this is a Channel in building phase)
- Be target and sales driven – need for competitive individuals driving results.
- Translate national priorities & strategies into provincial strategy within your portfolio
- Allocate and utilize all resources in province to ensure that targets are met
- Monitor portfolio results, daily and monthly.
Marketing and Relationship Building
- Manage different value propositions for different stakeholders (New Franchise Partners, Sales Managers, Advisors and Key Accounts)
- Manage internal and external relationships
- Build relationships with clients and door openers at various levels
Qualification & experience
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Industry recognized degree and other qualifications.
- RE 1 and 5
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an Insurance Distribution Sales environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Sales Management position and 2 years in Senior Management
- Proven track record of sales delivery through a team of sales consultants and related support staff
- Successful management track record – needs to be a top performer
- Strategic thinking
- Constant travel
Knowledge and skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to manage conflict
- Proficiency in organizing, planning, and control of task
- Good interpersonal skills
- Planning and organizing
- Ability to interact with people at all levels
- Target driven
- Attention to detail
- Strong entrepreneurial skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Decisive and persuasive
- Treating customers fairly
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.