Hollywoodbets has an exciting opportunity available for a Payroll Manager to be based at our offices, in Umhlanga, Durban. Responsible for the administration of the company’s payroll team and systems whilst maintaining strict confidentiality standards. Responsible for timely and accurate delivery of payroll and related client service, including statutory compliance, record keeping and reporting. Provides accounting and project management support to Finance.
- Payroll and payroll tax related training.
- 5 years in a payroll related position.
- 3 years in a Supervisory or Assistant Manager role.
- Completed or studying towards a Payroll related qualification.
- Procedures, Benefits and Policies:
- Ensure effective and appropriate procedures and controls are developed, implemented, updated and maintained.
- Oversee adherence to policies and procedures ensured by Payroll Supervisor.
- Ensure approved benefits are implemented correctly and timeously.
- Ensure full legislative/statutory compliance.
- Ensure maintenance and appropriateness of software utilized for payroll and time and attendance processing, control and administration.
- Ensure effective development and allocation of roles/tasks to the team to ensure the correct and timeous functioning of the payroll, Time & Attendance and Payroll Administrator sections.
- Overseeing the Payroll Supervisors, Officers, Administrators, Clerks, Data Capturers and Interns.
- Development and training of the payroll department team.
- Ensure effective collaboration and flow of information between the payroll team sections and team members.
- Responsible for overseeing monitoring, supervising and discipline, including leave approval.
- Providing support and query resolution for the payroll team.
- Encourage practice of the companies’ values.
- Oversee, check and release salary, external and adhoc payments including those released and checked and released by the payroll supervisor, ensuring correct and timeous payments.
- Checking of monthly reconciliation of bank account prepared by Payroll Supervisor.
- Processing senior management payroll:
- Responsible for all activities related to payroll processing.
- Process payroll and maintain payroll information accurately as required, ensuring all transactions are authorized, recorded and documented. This includes checking of transactions uploaded by the Time and Attendance Officers.
- Ensure that salaries (spreadsheet and required documents) are signed off/authorized by the appropriate manager(s). Ensure that sign off (spreadsheet) balances to the payroll/pay register.
- Ensure that salaries are correctly and timeously paid, and that provident fund, statutory and payroll related payments (external providers) are correctly paid by the due dates.
- Prepare and maintain related payroll records.
- Preparing reports, analysis, summaries, journals, statutory submissions and reconciliations timeously as required.
- Overseeing and checking reports and reconciliations prepared by the Supervisors, Officers and Administrators and preparation of monthly, annual and ad hoc reports and reconciliations as required. Analysis and variance reporting to management as required.
- Point of contact and support for team members and line managers – providing prompt, courteous and efficient customer service to employees who have questions regarding their pay, deductions, procedures or the Supervisors, Officers, Administrators, Clerks, Data Capturers and Interns.
- Work closely with the Human Resources department and Finance to research and resolve problems, perform scheduled activities, liaise with external service providers, prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Stay current and test People system delivered tax updates/updated payroll functionality changes or new functionalities that are released in the system and communicates these to the department.
- SARS, statutory and external providers queries resolved as required.
- Performs other and related duties and general admin as required.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impressive planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Great Business Acumen and attention to detail.
- Must have a strong sense of accountability.
- Follows through and delivers results despite any obstacles.
- Must be results driven and deadline orientated.
- Good report writing skills. (Verbal and written).
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.