The I & O Psychology Hub
Our client with a Packhouse Concern in the Agricultural Sector in Robertson, Western Cape, has an exciting opportunity for an Maintenance Manager to take responsibility for leading a specialised team of engineering professionals who are operationally responsible for providing mechanical, electrical and refrigeration support to three production and storage plants.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and provide guidance to project engineers on large infrastructure projects.
- Oversee, provide input to and monitor the execution of the maintenance plans to ensure that the team of technicians maintain facilities timeously and to the required quality standard.
- Review and evaluate various engineering systems, processes and programs to enable process optimisation.
- Lead engineering improvement and innovation initiatives.
- Lead and manage a team of experienced engineering personnel and ensure alignment with organisational objectives.
- Manage and control the engineering budgets.
- Ensure Infrastructure and OHS compliance.
- Exposure to large mechanical, electrical and/orrefrigeration installations, preferably within a food processing environment
- A minimum of 5 years managerial experience at a senior level and within an organised labour environment.
- Strong computer skills and good knowledge of systems.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels within an organisation
- Computer literate
Desired Experience & Qualification
A BSC engineering Degree with a Government Certificate of Competence (GCC) will be advantageous.
If not the above, a qualified Millright or Fitter & Turner red seal qualification compulsory.
7130 Somerset West