Overstrand Municipality, an Equal Opportunity employer, strives to render a dynamic and effective service to the community. Competent and self-motivated people who enjoy challenges are invited to join our leading team and to apply for the following post:
Municipal Finance Management Internship Programme,
Duration: Two-year Contract (Hermanus)
Directorate: Management Services
Salary: R92 000 per annum (all inclusive)
- a three-year Bachelors Degree or National Diploma with majors in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Risk Management and/or Auditing
- willingness to sign an internship agreement, in addition to the employment contract, to ensure commitment to the programme which requires, amongst others, full participation in the educational and workplace and observance of policies and procedures
- communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
- the candidate must be between the ages of 21 and 35.
The MFMIP is a structured professional training and work experience programme with the goal of providing high quality training and practical exposure in all aspects of a Municipal Budget and Treasury Office, which is governed by the Municipal Finance Management Act, Act 56 of 2003 and the underlying reforms. The programme has a logical training sequence that builds on the skills and competencies acquired during University and Technikon training. It ends where appropriate, with the credits or a qualification in Municipal Finance Management in line with the Municipal Minimum Competency Regulations, Gazette 29967 of June 2007.
Notice to applicants
- All applications should be accompanied by a covering letter clearly indicating the name and the reference number of the position applying for; a copy of your ID; driver’s licence and educational qualifications. Original qualifications must be available at the interview. If not available the candidate will be disqualified.
- Candidates who do not submit all the supporting documentation as requested, will not be considered for this position. No late applications will be considered.
- Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you do not received response within six weeks of the closing date, please considered your application as unsuccessful.
- All appointments are subjected to reference checking from previous and current employer(s). Your application for this post will be considered as consent to verify your qualifications.
- The Council reserves the right not to make an appointment.
How to Apply
Applications can be forward to:
The Senior Manager: Human Resources, Overstrand Municipality,
PO Box 20,
or email: [email protected] or fax to 086 496 7735.
Applications/supporting documents larger than 4MB sent via email will not be accepted.
Closing date: Monday, 04 November 2019 at 15:00.